New hunting rifle

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
We shall find out this weekend if she's a shooter!

Took my CA Mesa titanium and kept the action and bolt body. Had my Smith spin on a proof barrel and chamber in 300 win mag. Threaded for a tbac brake for the last part that's in ATF jail. Dropped her in a grayboe stock and bedded them together. Will be topped off with a Bushnell forge 4.5 -27 in Hawkins direct mount rings. Below is an area 419 arca rail for tripod mounting.

Applied for tags today so hopefully I'll draw an elk so I can really put it to the rest. Smith weighed it, 7lb 2 oz as it sits, optic is 26 ounces so should be 8 lbs 12 ounces unloaded.

IMG_5039.jpg

We’re you able to retain the bottom metal? Or did you need to swap it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikelk

FNG

Took my CA Mesa titanium and kept the action and bolt body. Had my Smith spin on a proof barrel and chamber in 300 win mag. Threaded for a tbac brake for the last part that's in ATF jail. Dropped her in a grayboe stock and bedded them together. Will be topped off with a Bushnell forge 4.5 -27 in Hawkins direct mount rings. Below is an area 419 arca rail for tripod mounting.

Applied for tags today so hopefully I'll draw an elk so I can really put it to the rest. Smith weighed it, 7lb 2 oz as it sits, optic is 26 ounces so should be 8 lbs

Applied for tags today so hopefully I'll draw an elk so I can really put it to the rest. Smith weighed it, 7lb 2 oz as it sits, optic is 26 ounces so should be 8 lbs 12 ounces unloaded.

View attachment 393341
Building a very similar design, thanks for the weight info real vs. advertised is always nice to know.