New Sako S20 Hunter in 6.5CM + Precision stock - what now?

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Great pictures @swavescatter and @JGRaider but I'm trying to see if anyone with the S20 has needed the Optilock or Contessa to get more eye relief. Looks like the new Maven 1.2 is a tad longer than my SWFAs, so that won't help me. I will first try to tweak the LOP, but here's my rifle now and I still need to push it forward.

IMG_1358.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that a banish suppressor adapter? Do you find it doesn’t matter if it’s timed or not? Looks like yours is at 3 o’clock

Lando

WKR
I think I jinxed myself. I was thinking "hey, my rings are fine - who needs an Optilock rail." Well, it turns out I might. After having switched to shooting square to the rifle, I think I need more eye relief, which may mean I have to move the scope farther forward than the stock rail allows... I don't think I need any more elevation, but maybe it can't hurt to get that while I'm at it.

Have any of you with the S20 needed the Optilock or Contessa for the eye relief?

I have not. I use the integrated pic rail and pic rings with the SWFA 3-9 and haven't had any problems.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Is that a banish suppressor adapter? Do you find it doesn’t matter if it’s timed or not? Looks like yours is at 3 o’clock
It’s a ThunderBeast. I only shoot suppressed, and I’m thinking of cutting the barrel, so I haven’t bothered to time it. Good eye!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I have not. I use the integrated pic rail and pic rings with the SWFA 3-9 and haven't had any problems.
It could easily be user error on my part then. Richard Near of Near Precision told me he’s never had anyone ask to move forward on an S20. He guessed I must be 6’8”, but that’s a half a foot I don’t have. Guess I need to buy some spacers first for an extra 1cm of LOP.