NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, Roksliders I just finished the video review of the new Kifaru Frame & Suspension. I have had mine, which is a prototype, since about mid February and have been testing it ever since. Remember that this is a prototype and isn't exactly as the final version, but it is nearly identical. Mine weighs more and isn't as finished as the latest versions.

I am not super technical, but I will answer as many questions as I can. My experience has been with the Duplex system for many years, so that is what this is most compared to for me. The biggest things that come to mind are the more denser and thicker shoulder pads, the lumbar pad size and the ease of adjustability with the torso length and load lifters. All of these things make the frame and suspension that much more comfortable under heavy loads. The system is also lighter coming in at 3 pounds 5 ounces.

The new system will come in a Tactical, Hunting and UL version. The tactical has a beefier frame sheet and the UL incorporates 200 spine carbon arrows for the stays. I have not personally used the Tactical or the UL systems, so my only firsthand knowledge is with the Hunting version.

Lastly, I am not a video taking expert by any stretch. So keep that in mind when it gets pointed to the ceiling, the floor or jumps around.

If you have detailed questions or need further explanations, give me a call during reasonable hours as I am on the west coast and I will be more than willing to share my thoughts with you. (916) 607-1211

Thanks, Doug.

https://vimeo.com/132740287

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Great video, i like the adjustability changes in the shoulder straps and the lifter angles.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We'll have the new frames up next week on the Kifaru site.

I'll post up some photos soon and some video as quick as I can.

What is the point of having that many different load lifter angles? Is there a detriment to having to severe of an angle? Frame looks damn good.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It does the exact same thing as the old frame, just a different method. But yes, you can have to much of an angle on the load lifters (anything over a 45 degree angle is probably to much).

The new attachment method also allows for quick detachment of the frame and bag. This is for those who prefer to keep the meat out of the bag and sandwich it between the two.

What is the point of having that many different load lifter angles? Is there a detriment to having to severe of an angle? Frame looks damn good.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The benefit is personal preference for the most part. Different torso lengths, shoulder size and what the individual prefers are now all able to be accomplished with one frame.

lintond

WKR
We'll have the new frames up next week on the Kifaru site.

I'll post up some photos soon and some video as quick as I can.

Hurry up!!! Please and thank you. :)

Also I sent you a question on FB about load lifters on my bikini. I'll probably be switching to the new duplex though...

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I run mine with a severe angle also. But load lifters depending on body type can cause the shoulder strap to bend and bind causing discomfort. So the position of the slider on the shoulder strap and the lifter at the frame can be manipulated to give you the best fit and feel.

Slim Jim

WKR
Good job Doug
With all the new Velcro, is it noisy at all or does the Velcro seat well?
I really like the ease of adjustability on the shoulder straps.

Appreciate the video! When you run the frame without a belt, where do the lower portion of the shoulder straps connect? The belt delta strap ladder loc?