NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

bmart2622

WKR
I packed out 5 caribou with the hunting platform and Mountain Warrior bag. It worked great. The new version is more comfortable than the old onex which is crazy because the prior version was ridiculously comfortable too. I havent tried it with the arrow stays but might give them a whirl with my new frame I have coming
Now that (unfortunately) hunting season is over, any users of the new frames care to share some reviews? Would be great to get some feedback. Currently leaning towards the Hunting Platform and Markhor bag. Had a Bikini/Highcamp combo that I ran the past two seasons. Great pack, never let me down, but always felt a little uncomfortable with heavier loads.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Now that (unfortunately) hunting season is over, any users of the new frames care to share some reviews? Would be great to get some feedback. Currently leaning towards the Hunting Platform and Markhor bag. Had a Bikini/Highcamp combo that I ran the past two seasons. Great pack, never let me down, but always felt a little uncomfortable with heavier loads.

I got the new frame and Markhor late into my hunting season this year. I only had a chance to run the Markhor on a couple trips. If you're looking for a simple, lightweight bag, this is a great choice. I like this setup if I'm not running my spotting scope, but prefer me DT1 with my spotter. Here is the Markhor, Hunting frame, Guide lid, Spotting scope pocket, and various belt pouches around the bottom and belt.

1%20glassing_zpstuney0yz.jpg

I used the new frame on a few more trips, and had an opertunity to pack my buddy's buck out of the high country with it. I'm a really big fan of the new frame. I have all the Kifaru suspensions except the Bikini (just sold it), and this one is my favorite so far.

1%20Me_Rambler_zpsojym8e0u.jpg

I don't know much about the DT1 or spotting scopes for that matter but I would have figured the Markhor with the new spotting scope pocket would be a winner?