NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Randle

WKR
Wow looks like some good things coming out with this frame.
Aron are there any secret testers in the idaho / Washington area? So we can see one first hand.

Randy

There's a new attachment point at the bottom section of the frame that will allow the shoulder straps to attach. It's located near the ladder lock, but doesn't affect the performance of either system.
Sweet.

Soo I'll take one in foliage please ;)

Sounds like a great time to buy a used duplex/bikini for cheap!

ams

WKR
Doug, I'd like to take you up on that offer! I'm in Elk Grove and moving to Cameron Park/shingle springs area next week but can meet anywhere.

OR Archer

WKR
I thought I heard mentioned in the other thread that there was going to be the capability of being able to put a load between the pack and the frame itself. If this is the case can someone expand on that feature please?

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
OR archer, with the new Mountain Rambler bag, there is a meat shelf built into that pack that works great on this frame.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMS I will be in tahoe thru Thursday evening. I will be out at the MayaArchery range Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning though. Then on Tuesday I am off to Nevada for four days of scouting and fishing. Call me if an of those days work for you.

Ironman8

WKR
Does this frame still feel like a duplex with light weight in the pack or does it bridge the gap between the bikini and duplex when light weight/all day comfort is considered?

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it feels and hauls just like the duplex with a little more plushness. It has better padding and is lighter. This pack and the Mountain Rambler should fit 99% of the hunters needs for day hints from a truck or base camp with the ability to haul out what ever you can physically carry.

But I will say, I have never been a fan of the bikini frame. When I had mine to test I always compared it to the Duplex and it always seem to be a distant second place.

7mag.

WKR
A big thanks to all the testers, and to Doug for a great video review. Kifaru is truly impressive with the lengths they take to test new products before releasing them for sale.

ams

WKR
Aron, does Kifaru accept PayPal yet? It's kinda my swedish/offshore/super secret squirrel account for things like this.
This message will self destruct

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Aron, does Kifaru accept PayPal yet? It's kinda my swedish/offshore/super secret squirrel account for things like this.
This message will self destruct

Ams,
You can order through paypal a card that directly links to your paypal account. Its free and isnt a credit line. Just a card you can use anywhere to spend your paypal balance. Thought Id mention it.

Aron great job. Cant wait to try one out.