NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

dotman

WKR
In that case they dropped the ball on the shipping for sure. Maybe they will upgrade it on the way back for the goof.

Both Aron & Angie jumped right on this and got the problem resolved...I may have overreacted but this was no ordinary purchase...this is my gear addiction. :) Thanks Kifaru.

gotta+have+it.jpg

Weekender

WKR
There's far worse things than a late shipment guys. My pack shipped but my back and leg knee went out 3 weeks before my CO elk hunt. Can barely walk and in a lot of pain so if you're fit and must make do with whatcha got...count your blessings. Better to be in your shoes than mine.

Hope your feeling better...your right to much to life then to get worked up about a pack.

bates

WKR
Just checked the website looks like my pack shipped today, hopefully it makes it down to FL by Friday to test over the weekend

I've hunted from the Klammath River (near the OR border) south to Redding...dodging deer on the roads but have not ever seen anything that I'd call a monster. Not like a whitetail or anything. Those blackies are pretty small once ya debone em. What's your average yeild?

nor cal wilderness blacktails, 65-70lbs deboned meat. Done it multiple times. Big deer and waste not

Got my shipping notice. Will be here the 3rd. Glad I will get to use it this weekend first before I head to CO for 9 days.

I dont know if order date is the determining factor. I ordered online the afternoon of the 18th if I remember right which was a Saturday so the order was not likely received until the 20th. Ordered the hunting platform in black.

Last edited:

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my shipping notice! Here are the details for others that may be waiting... I ordered over the phone on the afternoon of July 15th. I ordered a 26" composite stay, duplex hunting frame in wolf gray. I also ordered a cargo panel, small/medium/large belt pouches, and water bottle pocket all in wolf gray. I'm due to receive it this Friday, which is good considering that I leave super early on Sunday morning for Colorado! I'll be taking my Gen II duplex frame with nomad, guide lid, and grab-it along as backup to the new setup. I'll be running the new frame with cargo panel, camp bag, guide lid, and a few of the belt pouches. We'll be going in about 6-8 miles into the wilderness, and hunting at or above tree line most of the time. I can hardly wait! Thanks again Kifaru for the awesome products, and thanks for busting your butts to fill orders as rapidly as possible!

Received my frame today. Can't believe they could make a great frame better but the did. I've been training with my "old duplex" for the past year and felt it was incredibly comfortable from lightweight day trip gear to training loads up to 100#. After dialing in my last duplex I was pretty sure I could carry the world. This new frame absolutely blows the old frame out of the water. The way the new back pads and lumbar pad feel against my back with 75# in it is truly exceptional. The shoulder pads feel much softer when contacting my shoulders and the weight overall feels better against my back. The lumbar pad seems to stick right where I put it when cinched down. I probably won't benefit from the load lifter quick disconnects but can see where it's much faster to make adjustments for those that need the feature. The 4 tab loops on the side of the frame are well placed for my EMRII and Cargo Panel to grab on to and easy to access. I'm overall very impressed with the new design. Granted, I'm not near as experienced as most of the guys here but from a regular guy perspective it's incredible.

84, save the space in your truck. This new frame is truly exceptional and you won't be needing the "old set up". It's unbelievable how great this thing feels loaded up.

JP20

Lil-Rokslider
Well my buddy and I ordered our frames on the 3rd day after release and he received his set up today a 24" frame with dt2 bag and mine a 26" frame with dt1 bag shipped today. Looks like we will be ready for the opener September 12th

NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

nor cal wilderness blacktails, 65-70lbs deboned meat. Done it multiple times. Big deer and waste not

I assume your counting the rack? That's a pretty hearty blacktail...that's 200 pounds on the hoof if not...

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey everyone,

I came off the mountain last night to check on everything at Kifaru and were getting close to being caught up. I can't promise that everyone will get theirs in time, but again, we are getting close to being 100% back to normal. I do apologize for those who didn't get theirs in time!

I can say that the reviews have been better than we could have hoped. I'm heading back up the mountain tomorrow, but I encourage you to PM me with your thoughts on the frame for those who have it.

Good luck to everyone heading out!

I'm trying to kill this crafty bastard (or his bigger brother). He/they are smart and keeps bedding in the trees!

Wish me luck....

uploadfromtaptalk1441159640064.jpg