New Mexico Elk Draw 2022

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
“You don’t understand how rare this tag is” has came out of my mouth the last two years. I assume she won’t believe me this year.
I pulled that out again last night after drawing a NR Kaibab 12AW Rifle Tag last year with 1 point. Thought I did not draw, told wife, she's all happy but my e-Tag app was acting weird. Actually deleted the app and reinstalled since I couldn't log out, then logged back in to e-Tag, bingo, drew second choice. Early archery 6A. Third year trying as a NR, only applied for elk.

My wife was not amused at my great fortune of pulling low percentage tags in back to back years. Hopefully this hunt will be just as good as the 'bab was last fall.

Anyone know the country down by S*o*c*o*r*r*o, east side of the hwy? Please PM me if you’re willing to have a convo. Do intend to put boots on the ground in June.

Cwillimon

FNG
I was unsuccessful in drawing a tag. My uncle drew a tag in unit 34 in the outfitter pool.

jihawki1

FNG
Poopin bricks here, drew unit 15 in the rut 2 years in a row. Shocked!!!
My brother had unit 15 last year and I was able to tag along. Definitely saw some big boys there but it was 1st archery and couldn't get close enough to get a shot off. Good luck!

Seth

WKR
No complaints…. First archery elk and javelina for me, muzzy bull for the wife, youth rifle deer for my daughter, and on-range oryx for my son.

Dear Diary, I looked at the NMDGF website again to see if draw results were posted. It was only the 4th time this week, but it is only Tuesday... I just know that the more I look the quicker they will post results. That is how it works, right?
Only 4 by tuesday? You gotta put up stronger numbers than that! ;)

There was a lot of talk prior to the results being released about a substantial decline in applicants this year. Do we have to wait until next year to see that data?

jihawki1

FNG
There was a lot of talk prior to the results being released about a substantial decline in applicants this year. Do we have to wait until next year to see that data?
I saw in the email i got "More than 275,000 applications were submitted for about 60,000 deer, elk, antelope, oryx, ibex, bighorn sheep, Barbary sheep and javelina licenses." i did not see anything specific yet