New pack hint on the Exo site.

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like Steve addressed that issue earlier in the thread. The new belts will be adjustable for an extra 2" with the new design.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Must have missed that, thanks!

I love my k2 but with a 21” torso it was too short with a heavy load and the no butt pack sag. A longer frame perfect! Also a 4800 bag. Take my money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we definitely wanted to address the guys who had those 20"+ torso's with the new frame design. 26.5" seemed to be a good measurement. The new
Yes, yours as well as both of SG's frames. I have really pointy/boney hip bones though and am probably the exception, not the rule. I've found that a stiffer lumbar pad works a lot better for me and eliminates the pressure on the hip bones by putting more pressure on the lumbar and not allowing it to give as much. It's generally not as comfortable right when you put it on and with lower weights (30 lbs and under) but over the course of a long day or week and with heavier loads it really helps a ton with the pressure points, for me.

Ok, yeah that makes a lot of sense to me. We really strive to get the load distributed as evenly as possible throughout the lumbar pad into the hipbelt but in cases like yours the extra lumbar pressure would definitely transfer more load into your lumbar and remove some from the belt. The pressure has to go somewhere. There are definitely things we can do to customize and play with that for you if you picked up a pack. I would start with a thicker plastic that goes behind the lumbar. It will have less give to it and create more pressure there, from there like you mentioned lumbar foam density would be the next place to change how that feels.

Absolutely love my 5500 and love this thread!

My K2 frame is all I've ever known as the first and only Exo I have bought was a 5500 in Fusion last year - a 2018 model. The pack is head and shoulders above anything else I've ever used, but over here in Australia, we don't get to try a whole lot of this sort of stuff often.

I reckon I'm keen on the 1800 day pack now and am stoked to read that the new packs are compatible with the old frame. I don't often load my 5500 up to capacity but it's good to know the space is there when I want to do more pack hunts. For now, I use it as a day pack that I intentionally load heavy to make my life difficult (keep me fit) and load out heaps of meat at once time. having a daypack that can load the same amount of meat out but be a smaller, streamlined pack for crawling around the scrub with a bow, gets me excited.

Keep up the good work, Exo. Love it.

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely love my 5500 and love this thread!

My K2 frame is all I've ever known as the first and only Exo I have bought was a 5500 in Fusion last year - a 2018 model. The pack is head and shoulders above anything else I've ever used, but over here in Australia, we don't get to try a whole lot of this sort of stuff often.

I reckon I'm keen on the 1800 day pack now and am stoked to read that the new packs are compatible with the old frame. I don't often load my 5500 up to capacity but it's good to know the space is there when I want to do more pack hunts. For now, I use it as a day pack that I intentionally load heavy to make my life difficult (keep me fit) and load out heaps of meat at once time. having a daypack that can load the same amount of meat out but be a smaller, streamlined pack for crawling around the scrub with a bow, gets me excited.

Keep up the good work, Exo. Love it.
I too run a bigger bag for day hunts. The extra volume us worth the few extra ounces of weight

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Any new info out there?? I saw a blurred out pic of a new frame prototype that Steve was wearing on Instagram but no pics yet......still pretty set on a ranger green k3 4800

Any new info out there?? I saw a blurred out pic of a new frame prototype that Steve was wearing on Instagram but no pics yet......still pretty set on a ranger green k3 4800

We haven't put any pics out yet, if you sign up for the 2019 Launch newsletter at exomtngear.com/2019 that will get you info as soon as we send anything out.

Steve

tdhanses

WKR
We haven't put any pics out yet, if you sign up for the 2019 Launch newsletter at exomtngear.com/2019 that will get you info as soon as we send anything out.

Steve

Will we be able to buy the bags alone immediately? Specifically the 4800?

Just breaks my heart that coyote brown has been discontinued. That’s why I’ll probably never get rid of my 2017 5500 k2 setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc91

FNG
Please tell me you are going to have a fully adjustable belt?? As in different adjusters for upper and lower halves of the hip belt. This really helps dial in the fit perfectly!

Galea82

FNG
I read earlier that the new sizes will reflect the pack sizes a little more accurately. How much smaller is the 4800 compared to the current 5500? Or are they the same size pack just more accurately labeled?

I read earlier that the new sizes will reflect the pack sizes a little more accurately. How much smaller is the 4800 compared to the current 5500? Or are they the same size pack just more accurately labeled?
The older bags they rated just the main bag.
So a 3500 was actually about 4200 total.
5500 was 6200 total.
So a new 4800 is 4800 total. Etc

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Well, we are into May now......there has gotta be an official release sometime soon. The suspense is killing me!