New pack hint on the Exo site.

PatrickW

FNG
I'd love to see some pics of the new bags. Even if it's just one of the prototypes.

Just a teaser if nothing else…

Word, via email to Exo, “It looks like we will be taking pre-orders at some point in June and shipping around July 1. More info to come before then.”

Also Steve mentioned on the Podcast that the new K3 frame and new packs will work with the older K1 & K2 packs and visa-versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eltaco

WKR
Just found this, but based on the info Steve supplies above, I’m ready to put my money down for the K3 at a minimum! Exciting stuff for my “no butt” body type!

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Shipping July 1st is cutting it a little close..
No kidding! Steve had told me that getting a pack by Aug. Shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully that means there will be a healthy inventory to handle the amounts of orders headed their way. I just need a foliage k3 4800 before mid Aug and I'm a happy camper. My fingers are crossed....

sneaky

"DADDY"
No kidding! Steve had told me that getting a pack by Aug. Shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully that means there will be a healthy inventory to handle the amounts of orders headed their way. I just need a foliage k3 4800 before mid Aug and I'm a happy camper. My fingers are crossed....
Foliage? Or ranger green? They haven't made foliage packs in a couple of years lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Foliage? Or ranger green? They haven't made foliage packs in a couple of years lol.

My bad.......ranger green. Not sure why I put down foliage

K

Kootenay Hunter

Steve,

After a lot of research, I finally settled on getting a 5500, but since hearing about the new packs coming in a couple of months, decided to hold off. With the new size range, Would the 5500 equivalent be the 6400? I went with the 5500 because I wanted the option for the space for an extended backcountry hunt, and knowing that it compresses up, didn't feel it would be too big over the 3500 and still usable for a day hunt.

Super pumped to pull the trigger when they come out.

I spent months deciding between Kifaru or Exo. Day I decide EXO they send out email about new bag. I'm on credit card page waiting to pull trigger on k2 with discount or k3. I don't really care at this point I just need a bag. Some of the new features sound interesting thou

JM

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Steve,

After a lot of research, I finally settled on getting a 5500, but since hearing about the new packs coming in a couple of months, decided to hold off. With the new size range, Would the 5500 equivalent be the 6400? I went with the 5500 because I wanted the option for the space for an extended backcountry hunt, and knowing that it compresses up, didn't feel it would be too big over the 3500 and still usable for a day hunt.

Super pumped to pull the trigger when they come out.
The 6400 will have less volume than the 5500. 5500 is a little over 7k with side pockets and lid. 6400 is 6400. Stopped by EXO earlier to shoot the bull and talked a bit about the bags. Steve wasn't in, his wife had their son yesterday, which ironically was my birthday as well. The 5500 is still going to be their largest bag.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is disappointing to be honest. I have a 5500 and its not large enough for extended duration trips, at least for me. I used my 5500 on a 10 day sheep hunt, and while the frame handled the load fine, that pack was stuffed. I was hoping the larger bag would add a bit more room.

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Patiently waiting for my order of fusion 4800!! Ready to break it in right away too

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is disappointing to be honest. I have a 5500 and its not large enough for extended duration trips, at least for me. I used my 5500 on a 10 day sheep hunt, and while the frame handled the load fine, that pack was stuffed. I was hoping the larger bag would add a bit more room.

Agreed, that is a bummer.

K

Kootenay Hunter

The 6400 will have less volume than the 5500. 5500 is a little over 7k with side pockets and lid. 6400 is 6400. Stopped by EXO earlier to shoot the bull and talked a bit about the bags. Steve wasn't in, his wife had their son yesterday, which ironically was my birthday as well. The 5500 is still going to be their largest bag.

Okay, I think I'm confused now, when the new sizes were laid out, "We'll have the new frame that comes in 2 different frame height options (24-25.5" and 25-26.5") and 4 new bags coming out (3200, 4800, 6400 with an 1800 coming in August) "

So, the 3500 and 5500 will still be in the mix? The above sizes are total capacity sizes, but the old 3500 and 5500 capacities are actually larger as you mentioned, 7000 for the 5500? Always a little confusing when companies mix and match naming conventions.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Okay, I think I'm confused now, when the new sizes were laid out, "We'll have the new frame that comes in 2 different frame height options (24-25.5" and 25-26.5") and 4 new bags coming out (3200, 4800, 6400 with an 1800 coming in August) "

So, the 3500 and 5500 will still be in the mix? The above sizes are total capacity sizes, but the old 3500 and 5500 capacities are actually larger as you mentioned, 7000 for the 5500? Always a little confusing when companies mix and match naming conventions.
No, the 3500 and 5500 will be discontinued, according to what they were telling me yesterday. The new bags will replace them. And, yes, confusing as hell lol.

K

Kootenay Hunter

No, the 3500 and 5500 will be discontinued, according to what they were telling me yesterday. The new bags will replace them. And, yes, confusing as hell lol.

So, then the biggest will be the 6400 and that will be the best equivalent to the 5500? I don't mind if it's a little smaller than the 'old' 5500, as I'm sort of between the 3500 and 5500 now anyways, with the extra space, it's more of a 'better to have it and not need it' scenario. 6400 would probably do just fine then, thanks for the responses!