Olicamp pot problems...

Takeem406

WKR
I've been using the fancy Olicamp with the fins this fall and it's alright. But it's starting to rust/stain. Is this stuff going into my instant Thstarbucks?
What would be another option? I think I saw someone recommend me a titanium, however someone had mentioned they don't heat as efficiently.

Thanks!

According to the product page it's supposed to be hard anodized aluminum, which doesn't rust. Even if it is rust, a little iron oxide (rust as it's commonly referred to) never hurt anyone as there is iron added to a lot of our food, especially cereal. Can you post some pictures? Sometimes the entire product is aluminum, but uses steel rivets or something and that is the source of the rust. I had read that the titanium version of the jetboil and maybe the Olicamp (don't remember) had issues with the fins falling off especially with a hot-burning stove like a pocket rocket.

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same pot and haven't had problems with it even though I often use it on the beach and have even rinsed it out with salt water. I'm wondering if maybe you often store or carry your fuel canisters inside the pot. I've done this and seen some rust on the bottom of the pot from the bottom of the steel fuel canister. That's the only reason iu can think of that you would have rust. A quick scrub with steel wool should make that rust come off.

Aw yes, the fuel canisters; completely forgot. Had this with some of my titanium pots too. The fuel canisters are steel, so they will rust. You can solve by adding a paper towel around or under the canister if it will fit. The rust won't kill you though as I stated above.