Pistol caliber?

I’d love some feedback on Ruger lcr as its on sale this week for dirt cheap. If you could offer some insight I’d appreciate it! Can only do so much on feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pm you in the A.M. sir.

I absolutely love my LCR for daily carry. I can’t dive tacks with it, but for its purpose, I can keep them in a melon size group out to about 7 yards.

I am going to order some of the Underwood +p 158 ammo to test for woods carry. It won’t be my primary woods gun though.

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
After years of looking to upgrade my Taurus titanium, 7 shot 357, I have yet to find anything that better meet my needs/wants for non-urban carry. 28 oz loaded!

If that wasn't available, my main CC piece is a Kel-Tec PF9mm, easily fits in pocket, weighs less than the revolver, so I'm OK w that on board. I remember dragging a 44 mag w 7 inch barrel on CO elk hunts, it was a boat anchor that I never took out of its holster under duress.
I run similar to elkduds. I've got a s&w340pd in 357 (it weighs 12oz!) and for urban carry a Glock 26. I really prefer the Glocks. I've been eyeballing a G19 as of late. The 340 takes getting used to. It kicks like a mule because it is so light.

Beendare

WKR
It depends;
Bowhunting hogs I never used to pack anything...but since I typically end up stalking in pretty close in wide open fields I started packing my G19 [its actually a G23 with a 9mm conversion barrel] and the buffalo bore hardcast ammo.

In grizzly country , I pack my SW 629 classic again with hardcast 300gr ammo. Thinking about switching to a G20 because I shoot those Glocks faster/better.

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
Glock 29, you can use a G20 Mag in it while in the woods for extra ammo. You loose a little bit fps but not much, Works great on a chest rig below my bino harness

Stalker69

WKR
I’ve carried( still carry) a 454 casual, 44 mag, 357, 10mm, 45, 9mm, 380, 22. But find I carry my 380 99% of the time. Comfort more then any thing,if I have a rifle I see little need for the bigger calibers and carry a 22 for grouse. If bow hunting, normally the 380. If hunting( big game) with a pistol a 7mm br, or the casull.

Crewsader

FNG
S&W TRR8. I just don’t think a lightweight, 8 shot revolver in .357 can be beat. I always keep her full of hard cast rounds.

Wrench

WKR
The biggest one you can shoot well every single time. Big miss vs small hit....which works better?

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be carrying my 9mm this fall bowhunting in Idaho. However, carrying a 22 for small game sounds like a nice option to add some meat to the menu!

Glock 29, you can use a G20 Mag in it while in the woods for extra ammo. You loose a little bit fps but not much, Works great on a chest rig below my bino harness
My solution also. Out of the woods i'll often rock a glock 26 with glock 19 mag. I use an x-grip to give my pinky a place to rest.

Vandy321

WKR
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan, .454 casull, can shoot .45 colt through it as well. The gunfighters Inc kenai chest rig for it is super comfortable.

Am a glock fan for home, truck and EDC though.

I’d love some feedback on Ruger lcr as its on sale this week for dirt cheap. If you could offer some insight I’d appreciate it! Can only do so much on feedback.

I’ve been carrying a 3.5” LCR 38 at work for a couple years now. I have only put about 400 rounds through it but zero issues.
Very comfortable EDC gun.
My only gripe is the small metallic clinking I sometimes hear from the transfer bar when I’m moving at a fast pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAHunter01

Lil-Rokslider
Just got rid of a S&W 69, GP100 .44 Special, Bisley .44 Special, G17 and G29 in the past year.

Went full circle back to the G20. They seem to be most of what I want in a pistol with the fewest compromises. I have an old Ruger MK2 that’s seen a lot of miles as well.

If I’m anywhere on the trails or in the woods, I’ll have one of them on me.

Only exception, I have a 642 that I carry when im taking short bike rides and don’t wear a pack or chest bag.

I really wish I was better with the lighter weight .44 revolvers, and I gave them a fair chance for several years. Reality is that I’m just far faster and accurate with the Glocks I’ve had vs anything else.

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the G29 and have been trying to figure how to carry. Can you tell me what chest rig you are using? thx

Vandy321

WKR
While I dont have a G29...the Gunfighters Inc Kenai chest rig seems to be the go-to for almost every hunter who wears a chest rig. You can adjust it to fit under, below or above your bino harness also.

I have one for my Ruger SRHA and bought my wife one for a G19.