The do it all self-defense pistol

Gray_Law

FNG
20240412_063314.jpg
I carried Glock on duty, off duty, and every day since I retired. The reality is, though, that if I had to narrow it down to one and only one to do everything....I'd carry my Glock 20 in 10mm. You can get the "10mm" lite which is a 180 gr JHP at just a little over 40 S&W velocities and ballistic efficiency ~or~ you can go with the full power 180 to 200 gr JHP or JSP loads at 1300 to 1400 FPS for a 41 Magnum ballistic equivalency.

Lately, and for about a year....my every day carry pistol has transitioned to the Glock 48 with a pair of 15 round Shield magazines. It's more size efficient than my beloved Glock 19s, yet carries the same number of rounds.

BUT....it's a good thing we aren't limited to just one gun. I'd be bored.

Gray_Law

FNG
I bought a Glock 19 for this purpose. Afterwards, I shot a buddy's Canik and found it to be a gun that I prefer.

I still have the Glock, but if I did it again, I would buy the Canik.
I'm impressed with the way Canik has built their brand. They have managed to enter the market with a decently priced, good quality pistol with options from compact to full size. I have shot them, and liked them, I won't go away from Glock (which has been my duty and off duty gun for over 30 years)....but if I had a Canik I wouldn't feel under gunned or under armed.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
You all talk to me after you try the Springfield Echelon . I bet a lot of you will change your minds like I did, maybe, maybe not but it sure is great to be American and to have choices in our once great country but hopefully we can get it back on track again once we get this darn boarder closed off and get those that want to do us harm the hell out of here.

IDVortex

WKR
and get those that want to do us harm the hell out of here.
We'll never be able to get rid of the politcians that cause us harm. To many have so many blind voters that will vote for anything or anyone that they're told to vote for. Plus, hangings and tar and feathered treatments are outlawed. So here we are.

Last edited:

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Well never be able to get rid of the politcians that cause us harm. To many have so many blind voters that will vote for anything or anyone that they're told to vote for. Plus, hangings and tar and feathered treatments are outlawed. So here we are.
Sad but so true

Gray_Law

FNG
We'll never be able to get rid of the politcians that cause us harm. To many have so many blind voters that will vote for anything or anyone that they're told to vote for. Plus, hangings and tar and feathered treatments are outlawed. So here we are.
The last thing "da gub'ment" and the politicians in it care about is The Constitution and We The People. It's all about accumulation of personal power, influence, and wealth....the people be damned. You're so right about tarring and feathering and public hangings. They are outlawed, but shouldn't be.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I'm an idiot! Yep, that's right. In post 181, I made a remark that I have several Glocks and I have other pistols that are better or that are better or something to that extent but let me refrain from that a little bit and try to save my soul. I admitted to falling for the Kool-Aid hype of the Glock and I absolutely hated the grip angle and the finger groves but lf I or we are honest with ourselves and if we really do enough practice with any pistol then the grip angle or finger groves or whatever are a moot point. However, I am here to tell you that I have shot my G-21, G-19's, G-23, and G-43 enough without any failures with various ammo in their stock configurations and no mods whatsoever, except for you know what, THOSE DARN PLASTIC SIGHTS. YOU HEAR ME MR. GLOCK? GET A GRIP! No pun intended.

I'm an idiot! Yep, that's right. In post 181, I made a remark that I have several Glocks and I have other pistols that are better or that are better or something to that extent but let me refrain from that a little bit and try to save my soul. I admitted to falling for the Kool-Aid hype of the Glock and I absolutely hated the grip angle and the finger groves but lf I or we are honest with ourselves and if we really do enough practice with any pistol then the grip angle or finger groves or whatever are a moot point. However, I am here to tell you that I have shot my G-21, G-19's, G-23, and G-43 enough without any failures with various ammo in their stock configurations and no mods whatsoever, except for you know what, THOSE DARN PLASTIC SIGHTS. YOU HEAR ME MR. GLOCK? GET A GRIP! No pun intended.
Yeah, no great love for the Glock sights here