S&W M&P 10MM

CBRADGO

FNG
I own a Gen 1 M&P full size .40 and a 5” Springfield TRP 10mm. I love the M&P vs. a Glock in every way. Glocks never fit my hand in any iteration and I couldn’t shoot them worth a crap no matter how much I practiced. The M&P and Springfield are EDC and dead solid reliable with everything I feed them. The 1911 did require a chamber ream and feed ramp polish but that’s not uncommon to get any 1911 to feed HP ammo. It’s ran without a hiccup since the trip back to Springfield. I’m partial to the M&P because the ergonomics are based off the 1911. All that said, the M&P 10mm will be added to the stable in very short order. It has all the features I want in a polymer pistol and fits my hand like it was designed for me personally. 10mm is the way to go for me from now on. Cheaper to shoot than a .45 and everything the 9mm and .40 wishes they were.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is local to western Washington wades Eastside guns in bellevue has 4 of them but they are total crooks and are asking like $850 for them. I told them I bought mine for $620 and they laughed at me. If your willing to get raped they are there though

Fatcamp

WKR
I got to put my hands on my M&P 10MM tonight for the first time! It feels so much better than my glock 40 in the hand. I can't wait to get some rounds through it. To bad Washington has mandatory wait times. Soon enough though.

Is the grip the same size as the M&P .40?

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Is the grip the same size as the M&P .40?
It's on the .45 frame. I'm not sure how that differs from the .40. I would assume the 9mm and .40 are the same grip and it didn't feel much different from the 9mm's I own

OP
M

Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
my local guy hasn't been able to find any in the pipeline as of yet. still no news on the pre-orders from Sportsmans outdoor superstore. their first shipment was supposed to be 30 of each iteration per what they told me. i did find a railed kimber 10mm and its tough to not plunk the money down but now i have an rmr at the house and that would be another $400 to have a $1000 pistol cut for the rmr. thats a tough one to swallow

Samson7x

WKR
I’ll be buying one at some point. Owned a G20 and a G29 but sold them both. Large frame glocks just feel like a 2x4 in the hand. I don’t mind my G19 or 17 though I prefer M&P ergos. I’ll be getting the 4” in anticipation of threaded barrels in the future. Keep it small as possible suppressed.

I do have a railed Kimber with RMR and suppressor and took a buck with it this year. Awesome pistol, just want something lighter for variety.

Moose63Pa

FNG
I think Springfield also offers a double stack 4.5" 10mm in their XDM series. Not sure if that was discussed, I kinda glanced through the thread. Also, RIA has a double stack 10mm 1911 based 5" pistol ive seen a few times. No idea on reliability or interchangeability with other mil-spec stuff. I use a Sig Tacops in 10mm and carry spare mags. One of my favorite shooting guns.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I think Springfield also offers a double stack 4.5" 10mm in their XDM series. Not sure if that was discussed, I kinda glanced through the thread. Also, RIA has a double stack 10mm 1911 based 5" pistol ive seen a few times. No idea on reliability or interchangeability with other mil-spec stuff. I use a Sig Tacops in 10mm and carry spare mags. One of my favorite shooting guns.
I have a buddy that bought the RIA double stack 10 this year and it has run flawlessly. The only problem is that it weighs something like 48oz with no ammo. That's way too much for an archery season back up for me

Moose63Pa

FNG
I have a buddy that bought the RIA double stack 10 this year and it has run flawlessly. The only problem is that it weighs something like 48oz with no ammo. That's way too much for an archery season back up for me
That makes sense. Thats a whole lot of metal. Excited to hear it runs good. Id love to add one to the stable.

OP
M

Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
I still want another 1911 full size and can do so in 10mm. I also love the sig p220 and it comes in a 10mm. And this what stinks when things don't ship. You have tine to dwell and second guess yourself. Maybe I'll end up with a m&p10 or maybe I get fed up and cancel. Now if I don't wait.......what do I do with this brand new rmr sitting on my desk

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I still want another 1911 full size and can do so in 10mm. I also love the sig p220 and it comes in a 10mm. And this what stinks when things don't ship. You have tine to dwell and second guess yourself. Maybe I'll end up with a m&p10 or maybe I get fed up and cancel. Now if I don't wait.......what do I do with this brand new rmr sitting on my desk
Have whatever you buy cut for it.... or sell it to cover the extra $$$ the 1911 will cost you

BigSky

WKR
I have been waiting for S&W to come out with this for years. I've owned dozens of Glocks and dozens of S&Ws. All of mine, in both manufacturers and all calibers have been 100% reliable. The implementation of the M&P into the market were a huge improvement over the Glock, in my opinion. Yes, I still own many Glocks and still love them. I just like everything about the M&P better. I have owned Glock 20s and 29s since they came out and still do. I was thrilled when Springfield came out with the 10MM and I liked it better. I couldn't dump my Glocks as I'm too attached to them. However, walking around in the mountains, it's my XDm in my chest holster. It has proven reliable after a couple of years and a couple of thousand rounds.

My hopes are that the M&P is as reliable as the Glocks and the Springfield because the M&P has always been a better alternative for me than the Glock or the Springfield.

I'm an XDM 10mm guy, but I was waiting for either the XDM or M&P 2.0 to come out in 10mm. I love the M&P 2.0 too. Whoever decided to wait this long to produce it should be fired. So many of us hate the unnatural grip angle of the Glock, that a lot of M&P guys already own a Springfield 10mm.

I agree the ergos are better than a glock.

But having sent 2x gen 1 shields back. And then there was the pro where they forgot to rifle the barrel. Kid you not.

Id never trust one outside of range time fun time.

Samson7x

WKR
I agree the ergos are better than a glock.

But having sent 2x gen 1 shields back. And then there was the pro where they forgot to rifle the barrel. Kid you not.

Id never trust one outside of range time fun time.

Sheesh, sounds like you’ve had terrible luck with them so I don’t blame you. I’ve had 6 or 7 M&Ps in the past and never had an issue with any of them.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got the go ahead on mine, going to pick it up after work and put a few mags through it at home. Pretty excited

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Some unboxing photos and initial thoughts.
If you've owned an M&P previously its what you would expect. Great ergonomics all the way around. The suppressor height sights are nice and bright and the trigger feels pretty good. Definitely better than my factory glock trigger. after the initial take up it breaks very clean and crisp.

Mounting my holosun went smooth except they didn't supply an allen key which isn't the end of the world but I'm sure some people would like to have it. The only experience I have mounting optics to hand guns was my glock with m.o.s. If you've never used the glock system the way it works is they supply a series of aluminum plates and you find the one that fits your sight footprint. The plate will screw into the cutout and then your sight will mount directly to that plate. There are two differences with the M&P system. The first is the sight and plate screw directly into the slide with the plate just being sandwiched in. The second difference is the plates with the M&P are plastic and not aluminum. I don't know how much that will matter but I like the aluminum plates in the m.o.s. system. But I definitely like having way more threads holding the sight on than I had with the glock.

I went out back before it got dark and put a mag of underwood 220gr hardcast through it. It ran flawlessly. Half the mag was slow fire the rest was a dump. I know this is only one mag but thats all I had time for. Trigger once again felt great, recoil was nothing and ultimately I'm very happy so far. Saturday will be a range trip and I'll get a few hundred rounds through it and see how it goes.

Attachments

• 20211216_161438.jpg
    20211216_161438.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20211216_161447.jpg
    20211216_161447.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20211216_161507.jpg
    20211216_161507.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20211216_161619.jpg
    20211216_161619.jpg