Seekins Havak Slam

I wish Seekins would give us Lefty's some love. Christensen is the only upper tier rifle that has decent offerings.

Weldor

WKR
I like my Seekins alot. That said it's a pass at $5200. My Fierce 6.5 prc at 5.8 and my Element at 5.6 are working just fine. LOL

They have details on their instagram story right now in a series of short videos if anyone wants to check it out. The specs on it are sweet as is the chassis, it’s got a full length MLOK rail in the forend. They didn’t mention price that I saw.

OP
Brix8984

Brix8984

WKR
$4600 from the custom shop. No plans to make it a regular line anytime soon.

OP
Brix8984

Brix8984

WKR
Per one of their IG reply’s scheels will be stocking the custom shop model shown and they’ll have a production model later in the year.
I hope your right just relaying what I was told at the booth from Matty Nelson.

THellURider

Lil-Rokslider
Super interested in this but at $5k it's hard to consider for my admittedly limited use cases.

atmat

WKR
I played with one of these this weekend at Safari Club and they’re pretty sweet. The lock on them is super firm — no flimsiness to it at all.

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Same here. Very nice rifle and agree with you on the folder.

If I wasn't building a chassis gun at this moment I would get this one.

Sevens

WKR
I played with one of these this weekend at Safari Club and they’re pretty sweet. The lock on them is super firm — no flimsiness to it at all.
Same, was also amazed at how compact the entire package was before folding. Once folded, amazingly compact.

BigSky

WKR
Huh, who knew. I saw the thread title and came here to say that my Seekins Havak Slam consists of one each in 6MM Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC and 7mm Remington Magnum.

The G&A article says they will offer a plastic one in place of the carbon fiber?

I’d imagine it would be their carbon composite like on the PH2 stock in place of the hand laid CF. That would probably significantly reduce the price over hand laid CF.

I think once people see the way the truth and the light of folding stocks for hunting they'll be hooked.

I think once people see the way the truth and the light of folding stocks for hunting they'll be hooked.

Folders are awesome but it’s not cheap to make folders that don’t suck and it’s even more expensive to make folders that don’t suck and are light. The ones that are available (MDT HNT26, XLR Element) cost twice what most people spend on an entire hunting rifle and as much as a lot of premium hunting rifles. So the market for them is just slim and most people aren’t willing to spend the money no matter how nice of a feature it is.

For what either of those chassis costs you can buy a rifle like an Sig Cross or Christensen MPR. Yeah they’re pieces of crap in comparison but it will work and satisfy the majority of users wanting something like that.

This forum is filled with a lot of people who are more interested in rifles and shooting than your average hunter and look at how many people here are still buying $600 rifles and $300 optics and then some even hacking the factory Tupperware up and reforming it for a better stock. I just don’t thing any level of greatness will convince more than a small amount of people to invest the $$ so it will remain a niche market.

This rifle targets a niche market and I’m sure they will sell enough to make good profit.

It looks badass but at close to $5k and it weighs the same as my original element it’s hard to justify spending the extra $$$ just for the folding option. I’ll wait and see if they offer just the stock and what prices really look like in a years time.