Side hustle

When I first began hunting I established an ADC company. Bought everything I needed for hunting, guns, ammo, safe, archery gear, camos, optics, 4X4 vehicle, the works. I even offered free "introductory" animal damage control to ranchers but alas, after a few years was forced to close the business due to a lack of paying clients. I still have rancher friends who let me access their property and took the legal tax deductions on my new business venture. I do have a stack of trespass permission forms though and they don't expire.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I don't know that it counts as a side hustle, but I can fund pretty much everything from donating plasma. Depending on the specials I make between $350-$500/month. Its twice a week, for about an hour, and I enjoy having time to read, or listen to podcasts anyway.

thats pretty cool, and it helps out people too

Your best side hustle is to be smart about your primary income. I don't know your exact situation, but from my experience most people waste lots of their hard-earned money. Take a really honest look at your expenditures and you'll notice that cheap, small things add up fast.

If you're financially sound and have a strong will, you can really take advantage of cash back programs on credit cards and rebate apps. Certain utilities and recurring bills can be paid for with a travel or cash back credit card. It's free money IF you're diligent about paying the card immediately. GetUpSide is an app that gives cash back when you buy gas at certain gas stations. And there are many others.

Not bragging, but I make a decent hourly wage at my main job. It's hard for any side hustle to match what I can make by working extra. But I do plan an getting into rental properties or flipping in the near future.

I work the 11-7 shift at an oil terminal over night and during the summer I run fishing charters 8-12 sleep 1230-430 then pick up the kids, on the third or fourth day ill crash in the afternoon when my wife gets home. I made a good chunk of change for hunts and hunting gear last year and my wife says as long as I don't touch my paycheck money shes fine with it. also own a 3 family which helps alot

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Reviewing gear for Rokslide and writing up my hunting adventures is my side gig. I said no for many years to requests to write in different publications. I caved a few years ago when Ryan Avery called.
I try to be careful to not turn my hunting into work though.

rodney482

WKR
Full time LEO (City police)

Side jobs:
Athens Archery (RD/Staff manager)
Hospital security
Sheriff Deputy (county police)

Rich M

WKR
Two types of folks out there - the ones who say go play while you can and the ones who say to do what you can to advance your career. Both types of people on here.

I wish I had advanced my career better and made better work related choices. That's all up to you.

The plasma thing seems like easy money.

Rmauch20

WKR
My primary job is a police officer. My side job the last five years is a masonry assistant/apprentice.
Before that I’ve done general construction for about 8 years and harvest help, driving combines.

Ryhole

FNG
I airbrush and sell fishing lures....as well as use them myself. Doesn't make a bunch of money, but I enjoy it and helps to fund hunting/fishing/family trips

I shoot weddings. Had intended to transition to a a career in photography when my wife and I moved cross country for her job but soon realized it’s tough to do in your 40s and honestly I want to continue to love using my cameras! Nice distraction for me.

JWP58

WKR
I got my side hustle on this morning, 10hr shift turned into 12, two hours of overtime in the bank. 3 for the week, and like 12 the last 3wks.

Happy Easter

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I write for Rokslide and co-host the Northwest Mountain Challenge here in WA. Pretty much funds all my out of state hunts for the year.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
My side hustle money just became my full time job a few months ago. I have a farrier practice that is starting to pick up steam. For extra cash I just ride outside horses. It’s all part of the farrier/equine business anyway. I am already working with my own horses, so why not ride an extra one or two a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thess87

WKR
My side jobs include- overhead door installation and repair, raising Bobwhite quail to sell, and guiding turkey hunting for a local outfitter.

jrokslide

FNG
Most people’s evening are spent wasting time watching TV or goofing on the internet. So, you can make $0 per hour reading Rockslide, or 10$ stocking shelves while listening to an audiobook or second language tape.

I dig this, thanks for sharing

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
My side hustle money just became my full time job a few months ago. I have a farrier practice that is starting to pick up steam. For extra cash I just ride outside horses. It’s all part of the farrier/equine business anyway. I am already working with my own horses, so why not ride an extra one or two a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also bend over for the public in my spare time. Ive been blessed with some easy horses that make it pleasent.

hunterjmj

WKR
I shovel snow before work in the winter for xtra money. Easy money for easy work. I usually get OT every week and I'm on call a lot so I can't really do part time work other than early snow shoveling.

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
Marry a sugar momma that likes to hunt! That's what I did, but in all seriousness, there is so much one can do to make more money, mowing lawns, trimming trees, etc. Before I got hitched, I did heavy equipment for my main job, then did tree work for a side job and made good money doing it.