Stone Glacier bought by Vista Outdoors

mthayr

WKR
Surprised it wasn't the Chernin Group (MeatEater) actually, if indeed they were shopping it around. Seems like all they were missing was a pack brand, fold the clothing into the First Lite lines. At least then it could have kept it MT based... ahh well, hoorah for corporate profiteering!

Kurt addressed the selling of SG in another post if you guys want to head there. i dont have the link but im sure you can find it

EDIT - i lied, i found it.
1640735763253.png

OP
D

deadwolf

WKR
SG bought by Vista Group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess time will tell. Looking at the current portfolio doesn’t exactly give me warm fuzzies about what will happen.

Hopefully it isn’t the same as BassPro and Cabelas. I rarely shop there anymore.

BTW, I have a 40/56 on an Xcurve frame I’m looking to offload

I guess time will tell. Looking at the current portfolio doesn’t exactly give me warm fuzzies about what will happen.

Hopefully it isn’t the same as BassPro and Cabelas. I rarely shop there anymore.

BTW, I have a 40/56 on an Xcurve frame I’m looking to offload

Every time I walk into a Bass Pro/Cabela's/Sportsman's Warehouse
2ee4aebd9d93ab8a526d08b2ddbe7fe2.gif

gearguywb

WKR
SG makes great gear. Let's hope it continues. If not, some of the smaller, USA companies will take up the slack.

Titan_Bow

WKR
They’ve had a display and section in the local Scheels for a year or so now. I don’t own any of there stuff, but from I saw it looked well made.

Good for EXO and kifaru!

I hope SG doesn’t go overseas, but how will they not now? That’s what big corporate businesses do, or the purchase wouldn’t make sense

They buy well respected names, send manufacturing overseas and ride the brand name

TheTone

WKR
Good for EXO and kifaru!

I hope SG doesn’t go overseas, but how will they not now? That’s what big corporate businesses do, or the purchase wouldn’t make sense

They buy well respected names, send manufacturing overseas and ride the brand name
Any examples of vista doing this? Seems to me almost every company they have is ran exactly as it ever was

As a VSTO shareholder and a long-time SG gear owner, this is good news to me. VSTOs deep pockets and business relationships should only enhance SGs success

That’s unfortunate. I bought my pack from them this year and was willing to spend so much because it was a small independent company. Hope they keep production domestic
I agree I almost bought one over a Kifaru and am even happier now having chose Kifaru! Both great packs and stone glacier has some good guys running it but will be interesting to see what happens when they ramp up production and do less in Montana and more over seas .