Story doesnt add up

3forks

WKR
What do you mean it doesn’t add up?

The lady fakes getting lost, and her sister creates a Go Fund Me for her and people contribute $12,000 bucks to it.

The “lost“ hiker decides the amount people are contributing to the Go Fund Me isn’t adding up fast enough compared to the effort it takes to starve herself to help sell this story, and decides to get “found“ so she can eat a burger on the way to town for the press conference about her miracle in the wilderness.

Seems to add up to me.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Reminds me of that lady who managed to get "lost" for 14 days on Maui. Anything for attention and $$

ODB

WKR
Dunno...but I can’t help but think of the millions of dollars laundered through go fund me accounts...

MattB

WKR
There is lots off on this story and on both sides. The local LEO said if she had been drinking from the local stream as claimed she would be dead. Not sure I understand. Also not sure I care.

CorbLand

WKR
All I know is that, I cant say I would give a flying **** if the water was green and had smoke coming off it. I would probably be drinking it on day 11 with no water. I also dont think anyone would be able to walk out under their own power on day 12 of no water.

EastMT

WKR
All I know is that, I cant say I would give a flying **** if the water was green and had smoke coming off it. I would probably be drinking it on day 11 with no water. I also dont think anyone would be able to walk out under their own power on day 12 of no water.

No, I’d say dead by day 5 or 6 max and that’s probably spotting her 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
No, I’d say dead by day 5 or 6 max and that’s probably spotting her 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isnt like the rule of 3s or something like that? 3 minutes without oxygen, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food? Could someone live longer than that? Not very probable to go 4X that.

Along with your mental state was not good enough to find your way out but you had enough mental ability to be like I am literally dying of thirst but that water next me has a microscopic bacteria in it better not drink it.

EastMT

WKR
Yeah, I think 3 min Oxygen, 3 hours shelter, 3 days water, 3 weeks food. Variables for sure, but 3 days I’d think everything so cramped you couldn’t walk out

Last edited:

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Not to mention she had supposedly been fasting for a couple days leading up to it... tack on 12 more days with no water mixed in...

Rob5589

WKR
What do you mean it doesn’t add up?

The lady fakes getting lost, and her sister creates a Go Fund Me for her and people contribute $12,000 bucks to it.

The “lost“ hiker decides the amount people are contributing to the Go Fund Me isn’t adding up fast enough compared to the effort it takes to starve herself to help sell this story, and decides to get “found“ so she can eat a burger on the way to town for the press conference about her miracle in the wilderness.

Seems to add up to me.
Sounds like the "new normal" to me. :LOL:

That fact that she checked herself into a psych facility right afterwards is telling.