Stupid poll: Which rifle?

Which rifle?

• 6.5 PRC

• 300 WSM

Results are only viewable after voting.
Stupid poll because it's 2am and I can't sleep, thinking of taking the deer rifle on a cow Elk hunt in October.

6.5 PRC: Rifle is 8lbs 9oz with 4-14x50 and shoots golf ball groups at 200. I've never really stretched it out but would work out dope if I were to take it.

300 WSM: Rifle is 7lbs 5oz with 3-9x40 and shoots MOA.

Kinda wanna take the PRC but I'm in the worst shape I've been in for the last 15 years and that extra pound might hurt. The WSM is obviously overkill but what's wrong with that?

Have fun. :)

Last edited:
Throw those eldx in the trash or shoot aoudad & coyote with them.
I like a bonded bullet or mono
This is my deer and antelope (if I ever 'lope hunt again) rifle so they're good with that I think but even for cow elk I know lots of people use them but I'm more comfortable with the Bondstrike and it shoots well enough to not be concerned with accuracy.

This is my deer and antelope (if I ever 'lope hunt again) rifle so they're good with that I think but even for cow elk I know lots of people use them but I'm more comfortable with the Bondstrike and it shoots well enough to not be concerned with accuracy.
I hear ya , goats and deer pop like balloons, elk I wouldn’t trust a eldx or M
but they do open up @ sub 1500fps distance

The beauty of owning multiple rifles is that you can pick and choose for specific uses, or just pick the one you want to carry for the day.

Sometimes I don't make the decision until the morning I'm walking out the door for a hunt.

Both your options are more than capable way past the ranges most guys have any business shooting.

Flip a coin and sharpen the knife either way...

6.5 PRC with 147 ELD-Murder bullets. I’ve seen lots of dead elk from this combo.

Back