Suppressor for .30 cal

OP
F
Thunderbeast ultra 7 is a great choice, I have the 5”, 7”, and 9”. If I could only have one it would be the 7”.

On the cleaning, I only havent done it yet, but Thunderbeast has a cleaning service where you can ship it to them to clean it for you. It a nominal cost, and maybe even you only pay shipping.

Thanks for the info. After some research I’m 99% sure I’m going with the ultra 7. I’ll let you know next year how I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Find a dealer that has a Silencer Shop kiosk. Ship the suppressor to them from any dealer that has them in stock. Setup a Single Shot trust. Super easy to do and makes suppressor buying so simple.
This is what I have done on several suppressors and also recommend. Very pleased. recommend the TBAC Ultra 7 30 gen 2. I have a Dominus CB in jail right now.

wooduckman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Deadair Nomad TI in jail that will go on my .300 WM. This is my first can, so don’t really have much else to add ha. I was wanting the TBAC Uktra gen 2, but didn’t want to wait as they’re so far back ordered.

B23

WKR
What are the advantages to the 7 vs the 5?
The 7 will be quieter and maybe have a little more recoil reduction. The only advantage I can think of the Ultra5 would have over the 7 would be its size not sure what else there would be.

204guy

WKR
What are the advantages to the 7 vs the 5?
Have a ul 7, never been around a ul 5, but simply put its quieter- due to more volume. The ul 9 is quieter yet, but there are diminishing returns where you can't just increase volume and keep decreasing db's by the same amount. The ul 7 is probably the sweet spot for size/ sound suppresion for most guys.

Jsmith410

Lil-Rokslider
I too went with the Ultra 7 and use it on all my rifles without regret. I ordered direct through Thunderbeast so it took 4-5 months before I could get my paperwork started then another 9mo for the wait.

Oldffemt

WKR
I use a Griffin Armament Sportsman on my T3x .30-06
How do you like the sportsman? I have a recce 7 and thought about getting the sportsman to save a little weight and still be able to use the muzzle devices I’ve purchased.

Sled

WKR
The ultra 7 is nice but I have no complaints about my harvester either. Both are quality suppressors

Flyjunky

WKR
Can I jump into this conversation for a second. I've been wanting a TBAC Ultra 7 but cannot find one in stock. With that being said, do you need to have a suppressor on order before you start your paperwork? If that's the case then it's likely to take somewhere around 2 years. Or can you get your paperwork all setup w/stamp while waiting for the suppressor to become available/ordered?

Lawnboi

WKR
Can I jump into this conversation for a second. I've been wanting a TBAC Ultra 7 but cannot find one in stock. With that being said, do you need to have a suppressor on order before you start your paperwork? If that's the case then it's likely to take somewhere around 2 years. Or can you get your paperwork all setup w/stamp while waiting for the suppressor to become available/ordered?
The suppressor needs to be made and paid for as the stamp/form is attached to the serial number of the can.

OP
F
Man, I don’t mind waiting a year but not really interested in a two year wait. Is there a ton of difference with say a harvester vs a TBAC 7? I mean I can wait, but 2 years is a tough one to swallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyjunky

WKR
I think a better and quicker path for me would be to buy the Banish 223 ( in stock) for my coyote rifle and then I could just get on the list for an Ultra 7.

B23

WKR
I think a better and quicker path for me would be to buy the Banish 223 ( in stock) for my coyote rifle and then I could just get on the list for an Ultra 7.
I'm a big TBAC fan I think they are the gold standard but if I wanted one now and couldn't get it but could get a Banish 30 and not to mention how slick of a setup Silencer Central offers for suppressor purchasing that no others offer, at least that I'm aware of, I wouldn't even think twice about it. If they have the Banish 30 in stock I wouldn't even bother with the Banish 223.

The Ultra7 Gen2 is a little lighter and a little quieter than the Banish 30 when it's run at 7in and about the same when it's at 9in. but the Banish 30 does give you the option of running it both ways which is nice and it's cleanable which for some is a much bigger deal than it is for others.

renagde

WKR
Check Mile High Sports or Hansohn Brothers. Two of the biggest TBAC dealers. If they don't have any in stock, they usually get restocked pretty often. Call them up and put one on order, it's a lot faster than going directly through TBAC.