Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell ran to MSNBC to push for gun control following a deadly mass shooting at a Texas elementary school.

MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace encouraged Swalwell to “declare a culture war on Republicans on guns.”

Overdrive

WKR
Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell ran to MSNBC to push for gun control following a deadly mass shooting at a Texas elementary school.

MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace encouraged Swalwell to “declare a culture war on Republicans on guns.”
Not a brain cell between the 2 of them, I laugh because they honestly think there isn't one democrat that owns a gun in this country. I know plenty that do.

I know that our Aussie, European and Canadian friends like to weigh in on American politics, laws, culture, etc. Their opinions might come from good intentions but honestly, I could care less what people with stockholm syndrome have to say about free men and the law of our land.

I'd defer to those types if this was a discussion about slurping teabags, fondling kangaroos, or the latest flannel fashions. But it isn't. This is a discussion pertaining to a country that hasn't completely spread it's cheeks to tyrants yet.

I guess it’s technically not entirely true. Rather than doing nothing, they did bravely tackle parents urging them to intervene while the massacre was happening.
Jesus christ! I don't give a damn if it might be policy or whatever else people have said. This is outright cowardice.

But it's nothing new either. People have been slow to realize that the police are not our friends or saviors. There are certainly individual officers that are willing to put it all on the line to help but that doesn't change the fact that most are just dogs on a leash.

They are here to enforce COMPLIANCE....not be the hero.

NB7

WKR
For everyone reposting this kind of shit, maybe hold off until the facts come out. Without knowing for sure, I'd wager to say these parents weren't exactly just outside standing around and trying to get inside while shooting was still taking place inside. This is likely after the shooting stopped and parents started showing up on scene. After the chaos ended, other officers would have to maintain a perimeter to ensure there were no other threats, while victims were assessed, treated, removed, and all while maintaining a crime scene. No officer wants to stop a parent from rushing to their child, but it's very complicated.

norcan

FNG
Yeah, let’s not rush to conclusions based on an on-the-scene video of what was actually happening or anything.

hard for me to believe that video was taken during the active shooting phase. Most likely it was after the shooter was dead and the police were trying to piece together everything to create some sort of order, make sure there were no other shooters, etc.

That video is hard to watch, but we can not let emotions get ahead of reason. That is what the deceiver wants so things can get done that reasonable people wouldn't allow but emotional people would.

rodney482

WKR
Jesus christ! I don't give a damn if it might be policy or whatever else people have said. This is outright cowardice.

But it's nothing new either. People have been slow to realize that the police are not our friends or saviors. There are certainly individual officers that are willing to put it all on the line to help but that doesn't change the fact that most are just dogs on a leash.

They are here to enforce COMPLIANCE....not be the hero.
Thats BS and you know it.

@browning2480
Why take my word for it? You can very easily look it up and see for yourself.
Look what up? Other videos that I don’t know where in the timeline they are being taken? I have heard and seen so many false things so far, I prefer to let the facts come out. Spreading things that I don’t know as facts will never happen

And I am not taking your word for it, simply challenging on if you were a true eye witness or just spreading internet rumor

norcan

FNG
Look what up? Other videos that I don’t know where in the timeline they are being taken? I have heard and seen so many false things so far, I prefer to let the facts come out. Spreading things that I don’t know as facts will never happen

And I am not taking your word for it, simply challenging on if you were a true eye witness or just spreading internet rumor
The widespread reporting that police stood around for about an hour stopping parents from helping their children as they were being slaughtered:

Just look up “Uvalde police stopped parents” or something similar; it’s pretty easy. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.