Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodney482

WKR
Well, there were at least six armed cops who could have stopped the bad guy on the scene in the Uvalde case, but they didn’t.
Breaching the door w/o a shield is suicide.
Door swings out and are pretty solid doors.
I bet most did not have any level 4 armor.

BjornF16

WKR

jimh406

WKR
Breaching the door w/o a shield is suicide.
Door swings out and are pretty solid doors.
I bet most did not have any level 4 armor.

And yet one off-duty border patrol agent was able to take care of the gunman.

I get the focus on self-preservation by the cops, but it seems that's not the right job for them if they aren't willing or able to use the guns that they carry to rescue children. Jokes aside, it seems a social worker could replace them.

rodney482

WKR
And yet one off-duty border patrol agent was able to take care of the gunman.

I get the focus on self-preservation by the cops, but it seems that's not the right job for them if they aren't willing or able to use the guns that they carry to rescue children. Jokes aside, it seems a social worker could replace them.
Had a key to get in
Had a shield
He was shot at least once poss twice

Riplip

WKR
So does anyone else find it a bit ironic and hypocritical that members and attendees at NRA convention will not be allowed to carry firearms during certain times of the convention (Trump/Pence), and at certain hotels and sponsored venues. They feel that they need to ban guns to protect themselves, but schools are fine, just give guns to the teachers. Why are NRA members ok with this clear and atrocious 2nd amendment right infringement?

Overdrive

WKR
Want to stop school shootings?

The only way I see it is lock our schools up like a prison. 12 foot high fencing with rolled razor wire on top. Armed guards in towers on watch. One entry point for traffic with armed guards and K9 units.

But you'll have plenty of people push back against this idea, the same people screaming to protect our children and stop gun violence.

Had a key to get in
Had a shield
He was shot at least once poss twice

You just stop….just stop it! We are trying to have an emotional argument here. Those have zero room for factual information.

That border patrol agent ripped the door off with his bare hand took grazing round to the head, his giant balls deflected all the other rounds that were incoming, and still was able to shoot the suspect 15 times.
If you can’t do that you’re a coward and a pussy.

Some FBI statistics in this article (if you can still believe anything from them…)

Fact of the matter is he ran(as usual) ran his mouth before the facts were released, in this situation there where no police inside initially so Teacher would of been the first responder. With all this said police would of been carry pistols not AR’s

But to answer his own BS statement Keith Kinnunen was stopped by a hand gun

So does anyone else find it a bit ironic and hypocritical that members and attendees at NRA convention will not be allowed to carry firearms during certain times of the convention (Trump/Pence), and at certain hotels and sponsored venues. They feel that they need to ban guns to protect themselves, but schools are fine, just give guns to the teachers. Why are NRA members ok with this clear and atrocious 2nd amendment right infringement?
Guns are banned in schools, except for security and teacher programs.

That’s a dumb post

Last edited:
Get rid of the liberal culture or this will just be the norm. This is tragic but with the way America has been going in the last few years you would have to be blind to not see it.
1st amendment. It allows people on the idiot list to say whatever they want… be careful you don’t end up on the list. How do you propose getting rid of liberal culture? You gonna ban their speech? Or you gonna shoot them? Either idea is anathema to the principles of freedom.
I tend to lay the blame on something in our culture that holds life as cheap. Especially the lives of those who don’t agree with our opinions. It pervades our movies, games, and books. It extols violence as a solution to almost every problem.

The only way I see it is lock our schools up like a prison. 12 foot high fencing with rolled razor wire on top. Armed guards in towers on watch. One entry point for traffic with armed guards and K9 units.

But you'll have plenty of people push back against this idea, the same people screaming to protect our children and stop gun violence.
Yeah, this sounds like a great plan! Prisons are well known as welcoming places. And cheap!

ODB

WKR

Again, focusing on the what.

No one seems to give a shit about why these people kill. The how becomes secondary.

Prevent the killer, prevent the killing.

People saying lock school up are tacitly admitting the physical object is related to the event - the same way some will blame a murder on the gun.

Keep saying it over and over until it sinks in.

If you want a place to start: fathers.

Yoder

WKR
Can you point me to a case where 21 people were killed with a hammer or bat at a rate of 1 every 8-20 seconds? Your argument holds no water.
What does it matter how many people are killed at one time? Is it better if 10k people die one at a time as long as 20 aren't killed in one day? People have used moving vans to run over a crowd of people. I'm looking at total murders. With or without guns they are about the same. That's my argument. Australia proved it.

Yoder

WKR
I'm not arguing for any form of ban but a total ban would absolutely prevent SOME shootings. These things are happening from mentally ill people. If a mentally unstable person wasn't able to get a gun immediately there are numerous opportunities to avoid a disaster. Maybe they decide they don't want to go through the trouble to find one illegally. Don't have the $ for increased black market value. Get busted trying to buy one illegally. Maybe they kill themselves before finding a simple way to kill others at the same time.
Maybe they could just get in their mom's suv and drive over the kids having recess. Maybe we need a complete ban on all vehicles. It would stop all DUI deaths and deaths from car accidents. Could save tens of thousands of lives. We could also ban cigarettes and all alcohol. Think how many lives that would save. Next would be all fast food. Now were talking utopia. Or we could just put a couple cops in the schools and lock the doors.

pemborsky

FNG
Sucks because ya notice what followed the bans in the UK? Mass knife attacks, which are far more deadly because 1). Nobody in a large andor noisy crowd even knows it's happening and 2). knives don't run out of ammo.

People intent on doing harm will find the means to do so. And, if it wasn't already obvious, criminals don't abide laws. Especially the highly irrational type capable of indiscriminate violence.

Sucks because ya notice what followed the bans in the UK? Mass knife attacks, which are far more deadly because 1). Nobody in a large andor noisy crowd even knows it's happening and 2). knives don't run out of ammo.

People intent on doing harm will find the means to do so. And, if it wasn't already obvious, criminals don't abide laws. Especially the highly irrational type capable of indiscriminate violence.
Did you really just say that knife attacks are far more deadly?

Maybe the Army should quit giving soldiers guns and buy a bunch of knives! Way cheaper and more deadly!

Again, focusing on the what.

No one seems to give a shit about why these people kill. The how becomes secondary.

People saying lock school up are tacitly admitting the physical object is related to the event - the same way some will blame a murder on the gun.

Keep saying it over and over until it sinks in.

If you want a place to start: fathers.
Because half of America is trying to normalize severe metal health issues. All they do is try to make excuses for the fringe and counter against those that highlight the true issue as mental health

Kenai_dtracker

Lil-Rokslider
When my daughters elementary school went into lock down (details) on 5/10 and I got the alert on my phone, which didn't give all the details, I was scared as hell, and a lot of the teachers took different actions. Some locked and barricaded classroom doors, some hid kids in closets and backrooms, and some took their students out the backdoor to the woods. Their was no standard SOP for the school except locking all outside access, but that was negated when the teacher went outside. My goal now is to try to hardest to work with the school board and make recommendations to protect our kids and a hell of a lot more training.

Regarding the police on scene in TX and the response, a lot of us non police but military veterans, see police dressed and armed like soldiers, but not acting like them in a crisis like this and we are looking for answers. You mold a soldier, sailor or marine at a young age, and they really do some heroic things, but you wonder if they would carry out those same duties after having matured and possibly having a family that depends on them.

Regarding the police response here, information seems to change daily and I just hope that they acted like their son or daughter was in the room, and it's hard to wrapped my head around that the BP was more prepared.

Admittedly I did not read all 36 pages, however:

I know several BORTAC members. I have 3rd hand knowledge of the account and events. Beyond impressive action in things that will never make the light of day on the news.

I've attended multiple Active Shooter training, both State and Federal level. It's Chaos.

My room mate is a DMHP.....Designated Mental Health Care Professional. It's her JOB to have a list of "clients" who are bat schit. Through her academics and training she has not only the ability but the AUTHORITY to revoke your 2nd amendment rights. She is EXTREMELY Pro Cop, and pro 2nd Amendment.

Two days prior to this we were discussing a local individual who met the threshold of Crazy. He earned a 6 month "weapon revocation" benchmark.........and nobody is taking his guns (which he made a statement he has access to)

With my wife in the Emergency Medical profession (No...she's not an RN...but a legit provider) the level of homeless Zombies with mental health and drug issues around eastern Washington is staggering. Every street corner has some zombie barking at traffic and shitting on the bus stop bench. At minimum....there needs to be an Island for all of them. Better would be an abandoned copper mine somewhere in the Southwest, but whatevs

THE CURRENT SYSTEM IS A JOKE.

I don't pray. But my heart goes out to Uvalde.

Status
Not open for further replies.