Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just need to say how my heart truly does ache for all the families and the community.
I think and truly feel at everyone on here feels they same way as you. Some of us do have some questions on why a crazy kid with no ID and money can buy two rifles and ammo this easy.

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
As for getting a key, shouldn’t there have been a Knox box for emergency personnel?
Sorry if this was already mentioned, I only read the last 5 pages.

rodney482

WKR
Fact is none of us know what we’d do. But if you were armed, would you just sit there while he continues to bust kids. That’s essentially what the officers did, training and all. I can’t fathom that I’d just wait on someone else while I sat on my hands. Especially if my kids were in there.
I know exactly what I would have done.

Kid was arrested as a juvenile for making a threat about shooting up the school in 2022.

🤯
If this is true...

I know a lot of kids get into trouble and grow out of it but this kind of thing can't be let go. It's the Parkland shooting all over.

I am not familiar enough with the timeline but if the police were on scene and outside the building while children were actively being shot inside, heads should roll. Did the shooter barricade himself in the room with his victims? How many of them died waiting for the breach? I don't know but that matters.

Regarding those saying "you're all talk, you don't know how you'd respond." You might be right if I was an unattached cop. If I was a parent outside I'd fight my way though the cops and go in with whatever I had on me which would be at least a CCW. Only someone without kids would even think it's a choice.

Sherman

WKR
What makes you think I don't drive through Uvalde frequently, or have friends there, or have coworkers there?

You "drive through there" and presume to know how much time their LE spends dealing with illegals. Mkay.

Only a troll would bring illegals into a conversation about elementary school kids being murdered.
9B896DCC-7575-4BD3-93F6-A6CA34122504.jpeg

Looks like you were wrong.

Illegals started coming on Jan. 21, 2021? If you believe that, you need to limit the amount of Tucker Carlson in your life.

Anyone who has lived in S. Texas (as I have for over 20 years) can tell you that this is not a recent phenomenon.

They can also tell you that small towns like Uvalde don't pay sh*t for officers, and provide them with the minimum of training and support. So you get what you pay for. Make the starting pay at Uvalde PD enough to lure well-trained BP officers into the city force, and you'll see a whole new result.

Until then, just like public school teachers, these towns get exactly what they pay for. It's a friggin' self-fulfilling prophecy.
Ok now your getting your normal too big for britches. One of my good friends owns several sections in Webb. He recently moved his family into town due to traffic issues from Central American. He is 7th generation.

So explain why the hell a 7th generation ranchers would move his family off his ranch and into town…. I know exactly why he had 7 El Salvadoran try to break into ranch house while his wife and kids where in side. Fact they have to lock the house tells alot. They where lucky that day as ranch hands weren’t far and got over their quick. There was almost a shoot out. Everyone on the ranch now packs. This isn’t an isolated incident.

, the immigration problem is extremely taxing on the local law enforcement and all town government entities. You know this you just support liberal immigration ideologies

I’ve hunted STX for decades, their was a destinct traffic and response difference from Obama to Trump and now Biden

BP hardly even existed in appearance under OB and two weeks after trump took office traffic slowed as BP was hammering down.

Cartel has gotten bad on several ranches, I have more and more friends pulling out of STX due to issues.

Border issues are real.

Regardless kids are still dead and none of this brings them back, hopefully mistakes are highlighted and rectified going forward.

Thank you to BP for coming and assisting local LEO’s

Last edited:

Gobbler36

WKR
LEO's cant stop him, but an armed teacher would...according to some here.
It’s not if they would or could, it’s about what gives them the best chance to stop something like this, one thing is not deniable and that is the fact they have a way better chance of stopping a threat with that .380 than with their ball point pen.

I don’t believe that is the single answer as many have stated it’s a multiple faceted issue
I also believe that there is an element to this that can’t be stopped, I don’t know of any legislation that will make fathers stay and man up or make it illlegal to be evil

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure comes to my mind and I think that’s the best we can do, educate children, school faculty, and LEO officers on how to more effectively handle these circumstances. Along with increased security.

Lastly how sad for these families, we all really need to reflect and look at how fragile life is and make sure we settle any beefs with loved ones and make sure nothing goes unsaid because it can all be taken in an instant. My heart goes out to them as a father of 3 young boys all in elementary school.

BjornF16

WKR
Status
Not open for further replies.