The do it all self-defense pistol

jpmulk

WKR
P365 xl with a dot on it due to my size.

I’m a smaller guy. If I was a big guy I may pick something bigger in the sigp320 Carry or shadow systems mr920 range depending on if you can conceal it comfortably.

9mm is definitely the caliber to go with. More ammo capacity, less recoil, and with modern ammo just as good of performance as bigger calibers for the task. Pick good bullets and practice often.

Sig p365 xmacro comp
Although a new apex trigger in my m&p changes a few things.
This.

17+1 and superior ergos to to a glock 19. Optics ready if desired. It may be the perfect carry piece. And since i carry in public 50x more than in the woods, that would be my guiding criteria.

In grizz country, i'd want to step up to a G20 for 10mm option.

tony

WKR
Hard to beat a glock. Loved mine, that said the M&P line fit my little mitts better.

I have a full size, and an S&W shield, both 9mm
A p365 and S&W .380

Our feral species around here is the feral heroin zombie or the ever popular meth head.
Both run around 6 foot tall and 140 pounds. Usually find them in groups of 2 to 3 on children’s BMX bikes with oversized backpacks.

The heroin zombie is very slow animal, that one can just normally knock over, thus saving ammo.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Glock 19 is really hard to beat, but I do like the M&P 2.0 lineup. Either are dependable and do as they are asked from my experience.

KenLee

WKR
365 or 365xl
A large handgun is no use if it's in the truck or the nightstand.
That said, I carried a Glock model 22 40 cal for many years before the 365 came out.
Most folks just won't carry a largeish handgun every day.

jimh406

WKR
I almost decided to get with the times and buy a modern semi auto, then a friend in law enforcement had a holstered pistol discharge while in the patrol bag as he was about to get out of his personal car.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

I don't think any holster is designed to carry a loaded pistol or revolver in a bag, but hindsight is 20/20.