The last of the meat in the grinder?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Anybody have a trick to getting out the last of the meat out of your grinder? The meat that gets stuck in the tube right before it comes out the end? It’s not a big deal when you’re draining up 100 pounds of elk, but it is a big deal when you Are grinding five or 6 pounds of turkey meat!

I considered putting in something else behind it, like bread?

Tod osier

WKR
Anybody have a trick to getting out the last of the meat out of your grinder? The meat that gets stuck in the tube right before it comes out the end? It’s not a big deal when you’re draining up 100 pounds of elk, but it is a big deal when you Are grinding five or 6 pounds of turkey meat!

I considered putting in something else behind it, like bread?
Bread is the old school solution, that is what the old timers did. I never messed with it, but I just went to a 1 1/2 hp grinder from a 1/2 hp and the amount of meat left is worth thinking about.

92xj

WKR
I drop in two handfuls of ice cubes at the end. Works perfect to get the last out. and just mix it in by hand.
I use a 1.5 HP grinder though, not sure what small ones would do with ice cubes being thrown in.

JakeSCH

WKR
I've used both bread and ice. I typically use bread because I've had a 3/4 jam on ice before...but that is an easy fix.