Small Meat Grinder Recommendations

Finn16

WKR
I am looking to buy a small electric grinder for the occasional grinding of a pound or two of meat. I already have a BIG grinder for doing whole animals but it's a homemade set-up that is big and bulky and too much bother for a small batch.

Chode223

FNG
This! We use the Kitchen Aid grinder attachment for small batches all the time. Works great!
Do you have the kitchenaid branded one? Have been looking at this, or one of the aftermarket ones?

Kitchenaid looks like plastic.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Just be careful not to work the Kitchenaid attachment too hard. I had one and nearly ruined the mixer by trying to grind too much. It is hard on the mixer. Wife would have been pissed.

Do you have the kitchenaid branded one? Have been looking at this, or one of the aftermarket ones?

Kitchenaid looks like plastic.
There are two. I have the all-metal KitchenAid branded one and it works great for small batches.

BLJ

WKR

JLP

FNG
I have the small one from Meat Your Maker and had no problems so far

Fordguy

WKR
I have a cheap little Gander Mt grinder that has handled multiple deer and the occasional antelope each year for the last 20 years. Still works fine. Not sure what the equivalent would be in today's brands, but it's 575 watts and up to 3 lbs per minute (IIRC). Its not going to win any races, but it still does the job.

I just did a quick search and the Gander Mt meat grinders were made by LEM and Weston.

Last edited:

2-Stix

WKR
That’s the first I’ve heard of STX. Looks like a really affordable option.
Uncle has had good luck with 3-5 deer a year? No issues with reliability? Thanks.
No issues. Most years he does a cow elk also.

IN2HNTN

FNG
As others have mentioned if you already have a Kitchenaid mixer, the grinder attachment is the way to go for only doing a pound or two. You can usually pick one up on eBay for about $25