Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

For some unknown reason I only did finger tight with my level before seeing the video and checking the torque specs. Moving my level up to just in front of the rear base was enough for me, and having it on the left side was perfect since that's the side corrected with monovision. It also helped to have lots more light.View attachment 611905

That's my close monovision side too! Same side, same reason. I like it a bit further forward so that I'm looking downrange with both eyes.

fwafwow

WKR
That's my close monovision side too! Same side, same reason. I like it a bit further forward so that I'm looking downrange with both eyes.
I may still try that out in the next session. I’ve got plenty of other work to focus on though with my shooting

xrangerx

WKR
Are any of the aftermarket mags worth getting? For a .223 specifically. How about the ~6rd tikka mags?

SouthPaw

WKR
Are any of the aftermarket mags worth getting? For a .223 specifically. How about the ~6rd tikka mags?
Yes. The Waters mag is very high quality and allows you to load long for the 223. Fitting the 75g and 80g eldm is no issue, and they provide a substantial boost in BC over the mag-length bullet options.

Last edited:
Nice rifles!

How do you like the harvester evo?
Thanks. The price was right, especially for my first can. So far so good, but I really only have about a dozen rounds through it. Very little POI shift and seems to be repeatable when taking off and putting on, I’ll know more tomorrow though.

BigThig09

FNG
55D43297-377F-4400-A29C-FEC25B519F09.jpeg
Current situation.

It’s not an exact replica of the Rokslide special, but I’m leaning on this gun to become a utilitarian “do-all” gun for me. No frills, nothing fancy, just a solid and dependable setup that I’m not afraid to get dirty. I would like to upgrade the glass eventually, but it drives tacks on the range as is.

Tikka T3x, .223
Leupold 3.5-10x40 VX-3HD
Black Hills 77gr TMK

Have a level inbound, spartan adapter, and then I assume the rokstock will be the last thing I’ll do for awhile… View attachment 629564
Level and spartan adapter showed up today, got the level torqued to 40 inch lbs😏 and spartan adapter put on, now I just have to wait until Wednesday so I’m not shooting while people are trying to hunt elk. Have a bunch of ammo and another case ordered, looking forward to doing some shooting, and will have plenty of brass to start reloading for it pretty soon

c23c582bad1569563503679af8870c60.jpg

Stainless Tikka .223 chopped to 16” and threaded/ Wolfman can/ Stockys VG/ some bottom metal/ SWFA 3-9 on loan from a buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk