Tikka T3 factory synthetic stock weight?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at psuedo-building a lightweight hunter from a stainless steel T3 lite. One of the weight reductions I am considering is an aftermarket stock, so I'm curious what the factory synthetic stock weights. I haven't purchased one yet, so I cannot weight it myself. Also checking around here and on other forums I haven't seen anything definitive; and some variations on what people have posted. So some clarification would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

gmajor

WKR
I'll be pulling the stock off mine to paint it in a couple weeks. I'll weigh it then and post it up here - hopefully that wont be too long to wait for your purposes. Although my guess is that the answer is already somewhere on the forums.

OP
A
Thanks gmajor, I'll keep an eye for your update. Schnagelbagel I've seen that figure too, but I've also seen a couple other numbers floating around here and other forums, and the other day I had a gunsmith tell me he thought they were in the mid 30s to nearly 40. So I look forward to getting a definitive number when gmajor gets a weight.

edg1967

WKR
Thanks gmajor, I'll keep an eye for your update. Schnagelbagel I've seen that figure too, but I've also seen a couple other numbers floating around here and other forums, and the other day I had a gunsmith tell me he thought they were in the mid 30s to nearly 40. So I look forward to getting a definitive number when gmajor gets a weight.

I sent you a PM with all my data, but I'll post it here too.

Standard stock w/limbsaver 29.6 oz.
Standard stock w/standard pad and spray-foam in the butt to deaden the hollow sound 31.4 oz.
Bell & Carlson Medalist 34.8 oz.

I believe it was posted on another thread that the Limbsaver is 1.5 oz. more than the standard recoil pad.

OP
A
edg1967, This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the info! It's greatly appreciated.