Toyota Tacoma Advantages

CorbLand

WKR
It's kind of entertaining.
It's like arguing with Liberals why facts matter more than feelings then pointing them to crime rates and spending deficits and they come back with another comment.
Passes the time...
I mean, in the nicest way possible, your the one that looks like your arguing based on feelings.

You really haven’t provided any facts to back up your claims other than the one vehicle you had problems with.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I mean, in the nicest way possible, your the one that looks like your arguing based on feelings.

You really haven’t provided any facts to back up your claims other than the one vehicle you had problems with.
You’re wasting your time. You say the sky is blue, he says no it isn’t. You say the earth is round and he says no it isn’t. What’s scary is I’m pretty confident he actually thinks everyone else is the dumb one. 😯

Coldtrail

WKR
Not to be picky, but I was still expecting the expert to actually break down the specs of the Tacoma as it compares to a HiLux.

Could it be that he does not really know the difference?
He "googled" to find the payload.......hes got kind of a thing with rear springs, but left out the decreased towing capacity since that didnt help his case.

You’re wasting your time. You say the sky is blue, he says no it isn’t. You say the earth is round and he says no it isn’t. What’s scary is I’m pretty confident he actually thinks everyone else is the dumb one. 😯
I, and I alone, am responsible for the frame rot recall and the leaf spring recall issued covering hundreds of thousands of vehicles sold in North America by Toyota.
That makes me kind of a deity.
One squeaky wheel on Rokslide that affected one of the largest auto manufacturers in the world and one of the most popular vehicles on the road.
Impressed now?

Just recalls for major components like frames breaking and springs breaking.
Not exactly like 'my bluetooth sometimes takes 20 seconds to connect'.

How exactly to these recalls for major components escape the attention of the consumers?

And if I were a car dealer bragging about how vast my knowledge is, would I want to be named in a lawsuit for peddling a vehicle that had one of these failures?

CorbLand

WKR
Just recalls for major components like frames breaking and springs breaking.
Not exactly like 'my bluetooth sometimes takes 20 seconds to connect'.

How exactly to these recalls for major components escape the attention of the consumers?

And if I were a car dealer bragging about how vast my knowledge is, would I want to be named in a lawsuit for peddling a vehicle that had one of these failures?
I don’t think anyone is denying that Toyota has their fair share of problems. Every manufacturer has their issues. To me, it’s more important that they stand up and fix said issues. Toyota has a history of doing that.

Now they didn’t do it for you so I can see why you don’t like them. You couldn’t pay me enough to drive a Dodge but they still build some good vehicles.

Last time I checked, you are they only one that has acted like or even offered to tell us all about how you know so much more than everyone else.

When was the last time a dealership was brought into a lawsuit because of the failure of a manufacturer?

How do the recalls escape consumers? Well, I think that a large majority of people understand that with a vehicle you are buy a package of parts that all work together. One of those parts can and will break/fail. When you are doing this you look for something that has a reputation of little failures, not no, little.

Nobody has built the perfect, all purpose, covers all situation vehicle.

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
My 10+ year 2012 Tacoma has had NO issues. I do my own scheduled maintenance- easy to work on.

I got mine just as they fixed the rear leaf issue (mine came with the extra leaf).

Recently had a recall on a smog component, truck was at the dealer for an hour- first time the dealer has touched my truck :D

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Isn't it about time to release the meme squad to really put a bow on this thread?

My totally stock '02 has 218k. One clutch, O2 sensors, brakes, tires, shocks (warrantied as it was early on) and a bad sensor for the parking brake that leaves the light on which has electrical tape covering it. She's covered in manzanita pinstripes, plenty of body dings and is full of dog hair but I'm neurotic about the maintenance and she's never let me down. I've been on a lot of dumb "roads" with it and agree that a clown car (sxs) might be more suited at times but sure is nice turning on the heat/ac and having a bed to fill up. There may be more comfortable pickups but they sure do take a beating. I realize none of this probably matters to the OP but I felt the need to defend my princess

Ucsdryder

WKR
Isn't it about time to release the meme squad to really put a bow on this thread?

My totally stock '02 has 218k. One clutch, O2 sensors, brakes, tires, shocks (warrantied as it was early on) and a bad sensor for the parking brake that leaves the light on which has electrical tape covering it. She's covered in manzanita pinstripes, plenty of body dings and is full of dog hair but I'm neurotic about the maintenance and she's never let me down. I've been on a lot of dumb "roads" with it and agree that a clown car (sxs) might be more suited at times but sure is nice turning on the heat/ac and having a bed to fill up. There may be more comfortable pickups but they sure do take a beating. I realize none of this probably matters to the OP but I felt the need to defend my princess
But but but…tell us about the leaf springs.

Coldtrail

WKR
I, and I alone, am responsible for the frame rot recall and the leaf spring recall issued covering hundreds of thousands of vehicles sold in North America by Toyota.
That makes me kind of a deity.
One squeaky wheel on Rokslide that affected one of the largest auto manufacturers in the world and one of the most popular vehicles on the road.
Impressed now?
No offense...but I would have used that kind of leverage to get new rear leaf packs instead initiating the nationwide recall