Toyota Tacoma Advantages

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
What do you call people who don’t own a Tacoma but insist on posting on Tacoma threads?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
meatloaf sounds good! :D

I had the opportunity to drive Chevy, Dodge and Ford pickups when working as a game warden. Each had their pluses and minuses- no real complaints with any of them (of course we typically only drove them 3-4 years before getting a new one- one of the perks of being a game warden! :ROFLMAO:). I bought a Chevy 3/4 extended cab in 92- it was solid vehicle and drove it for nearly 20 years. It was getting long in the tooth and because I didn't need to tow anything (anything heavy anyways) and didn't really need a V8, thought I'd see what all the hype was with Tacomas.

Well ten years later with my Tacoma (and lots of travel on crappy/sketchy roads), I'd have to agree with the hype.

I'm not 100% sure, but it probably starts by going on an internet forum and telling everyone they don't know anything about their own vehicles & calling them all "fanboi's" while you list off the mods you have made to your own Tacoma and breaking down the specs of the Tacoma as it compares to a HiLux.
Whatever the single word description for someone that bought a Toyota Tacoma because they heard all the hype and then started experiencing major deficiencies in the design and execution of that amazing Tacoma and sought my own fixes and contacted Toyota Corporate to discuss why a 2 year old vehicle is riding on the frame rails with no weight in the bed due to flat leaf springs only to be told by Toyota Corporate to go away, there's no such thing as a defective Toyota and then installing airbags to get the damn thing off the frame only to have one pop then buy and install OME Dakar leafs and shocks for a permanent fix then see Toyota first release a TSB for the flat leaf springs I told them about years earlier then a full-on recall only to have them deny my claim for reimbursement of the replacement springs in spite of having full documentation in their customer interaction tracking and my full list of receipts because they said I did not have it diagnosed at the dealer before fixing their pathetic cheap crap and to be told they didn't care if I got screwed, they'd sell Toyotas anyway and to go away.....Whatever the single word for 'that guy' is, that's me.

What do you call people who don’t own a Tacoma but insist on posting on Tacoma threads?
Not sure, but you clearly lack the ability to read my previous posts or you wouldn't ask so I guess 'illiterate' or 'lazy' might apply to someone that would say something like that.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Not sure, but you clearly lack the ability to read my previous posts or you wouldn't ask so I guess 'illiterate' or 'lazy' might apply to someone that would say something like that.
I was just going to tag you so you could come explain to these 8 pages of “morons” why they’re morons…but then you already found it…

I was just going to tag you so you could come explain to these 8 pages of “morons” why they’re morons…but then you already found it…
Hey!
You're back!
I need a refresher on using Black Book for trade-in values.
It's been over 30 years since I used one.

2531usmc

WKR
I'm not 100% sure, but it probably starts by going on an internet forum and telling everyone they don't know anything about their own vehicles & calling them all "fanboi's" while you list off the mods you have made to your own Tacoma and breaking down the specs of the Tacoma as it compares to a HiLux.
Not to be picky, but I was still expecting the expert to actually break down the specs of the Tacoma as it compares to a HiLux.

Could it be that he does not really know the difference?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Don't you have fifty vehicles to carefully inspect for flaws today?
That’s called a mechanic. I thought you’d know since you’re the expert on everything. A used car salesman engineer I believe.

Back to Tacoma…

I think if you can put up with the size then they’re great. A buddy has a lifted taco that we took in place no full-size truck would ever dream of going. I was impressed. That being said, it beat the living hell out of both of us and I kept thinking we were one broken axle away from a 7 hour walk to town. Give me a side by side any day, but they do make a great off-road vehicle.

Not to be picky, but I was still expecting the expert to actually break down the specs of the Tacoma as it compares to a HiLux.

Could it be that he does not really know the difference?
Could be he's disinterested and don't find your question very compelling.
Nice try.
It took me 20 seconds on Google to see the difference in payload.
Not sure why you find that so difficult.

That’s called a mechanic. I thought you’d know since you’re the expert on everything. A used car salesman engineer I believe.

Back to Tacoma…

I think if you can put up with the size then they’re great. A buddy has a lifted taco that we took in place no full-size truck would ever dream of going. I was impressed. That being said, it beat the living hell out of both of us and I kept thinking we were one broken axle away from a 7 hour walk to town. Give me a side by side any day, but they do make a great off-road vehicle.
Every dealership I've worked has had a used car manager that had a pretty good sense of what each models' flaw are and what to look for before buying one.
It's not that hard to learn if you have an open mind.
Toyotas were more difficult to buy because they typically had mods, which you well know, decreases the value and the owners had a wildly inflated idea of what they were worth....But I'm telling you things you already know.

For someone that is disinterested, you show up pretty regularly.
It's kind of entertaining.
It's like arguing with Liberals why facts matter more than feelings then pointing them to crime rates and spending deficits and they come back with another comment.
Passes the time...