Utah- Robinson Precision Rifles?

I'm wondering if any of you have had any work done by Robinson Precision Rifles in Utah.

I just recently saw them on good maps and am thinking they're pretty new.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on their work and customer service?

They have been around for probably 10 years or so. Josh has built several rifles for me and he is the best actual gunsmith in Utah. Not just another barrel threader he has serious knowledge when it comes to precision rifles from ELR to hunting and PRS he even builds precision Muzzleloaders. If you want the best don’t hesitate to contact him. He’s a great guy and will take care of you!

He’s built me a 6.5-284 Norma 300 lapua Rogue a 338 HustELR and a 375 HustELR the HustELR are his improved cartridges. All of them shoot better than sub 1/2 Moa all day, and that’s with me behind the gun and that’s saying something 😂

OP
H
Awesome. I talked to him on the phone and he was extremely helpful and nice. He did a great job commiserating with me on a crap job another local guy did. I may have to have him fix me up

That’s great, you wouldn’t regret it. He’s extremely meticulous. I think he mostly goes by word of mouth and he’s always busy.

OP
H
That’s great, you wouldn’t regret it. He’s extremely meticulous. I think he mostly goes by word of mouth and he’s always busy.

Went by there this evening to drop off my barrel for him to chamber. I talked to him for probably an hour.

I proceeded with confidence.

Sled

WKR
he is the best actual gunsmith in Utah. Not just another barrel threader

At first I was thinking that's really saying something....then I remembered you said Utah. I'm impressed when they can even thread a barrel correctly.

I believe he's the same guy that almost built a rifle for me a few years back. I decided to wait and see some of his builds and never got the chance. Plus at the time he was only doing 700 actions and I really gravitated away from those over the last decade or so.

Maybe I should check with him again and see what he's up to now.

OP
H
At first I was thinking that's really saying something....then I remembered you said Utah. I'm impressed when they can even thread a barrel correctly.

I believe he's the same guy that almost built a rifle for me a few years back. I decided to wait and see some of his builds and never got the chance. Plus at the time he was only doing 700 actions and I really gravitated away from those over the last decade or so.

I highly recommend it. I talked to him for a while and after feeling like 2021 was the year of me getting screwed on services I paid for, I feel really good about having him work on my rifle.

I guess he's been working on some Tikka actions, because that's what I took to him and he talked for a bit about what he usually sees for squareness, etc when he gets them in to work on.

Josh is known for building on just about any action custom or factory. Last time I was in there he was building a 6.5 PRC in a Ruger #1. I’m definitely not calling you out I’m just not sure how it came about. Maybe you spoke with another guy.

Sled

WKR
Josh is known for building on just about any action custom or factory. Last time I was in there he was building a 6.5 PRC in a Ruger #1. I’m definitely not calling you out I’m just not sure how it came about. Maybe you spoke with another guy.

Could be. It was about 2010 when I talked to either him or someone else that builds rifles. Not many of those that are successful around here except fierce and christen.