What did you do in the reloading room today?

Just cleaned a bunch of fired brass from load development and prepped some more to be ready to load

I finally got my bench set up. I was going to build one but 3/4 inch plywood was over $90 for a 4X8 sheet. Been waiting for the price to go down. My wife found this solid oak desk for $80. I know I could not even build anything this nice for that money.

Anyway, I've been prepping about 450 223/556 cases. Happy to be back at the reloading bench.
20240508_102823.jpg

Small update on my Reloading Room/Shop

Time for an update. The ceiling and inner walls are sheathed on one side to allow for spray foam insulation on June 24th. 200 amp breaker box will be installed in the next two weeks and a 4 ton HVAC system along with the electric.

Things are coming along slowly, but nicely.

Small update on my Reloading Room/Shop

Time for an update. The ceiling and inner walls are sheathed on one side to allow for spray foam insulation on June 24th. 200 amp breaker box will be installed in the next two weeks and a 4 ton HVAC system along with the electric.

Things are coming along slowly, but nicely.

That’s going to be cool as hell when you finish 👍

Yesterday I continued the slow process of loading 8mm/338 win cases and got 54 done.
Still have around 75 cases to fire form yet but those are loaded. No hurry though as i have a 110 loaded but 100 to go once the cases are all fire formed. Stopped fire forming cuz I didn’t want to scrub the cupra nickel out of the barrel again this year but Losso takes it out easily enough.
69 grains of Surplus 4831
CCI 250 primer
Speer 200 grain Hot Cor
Various brands of 7mm mag cases necked up.
Poor Boy Magnum

I hurt my back on Saturday, so I decided to take it easy this weekend. I swapped the barrel on my daughter's Savage 110 from 243 win to 270 win. We had decided that she needed a little more knock down power for field hunting where shots could be 350+ yards. The 90 grain Hornady GMX worked great when she hunted the woods but her buck last year needed a couple follow up shots even though she double lunged it. Anyhow, today I loaded 20 rounds of 270 with Ramshot Hunter and Hornady 130 gr GMX. 6 different charges to try when I get a cool day and nothing else to do.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Loaded 80 rounds of 30/06. 8 different loads across three different bullets. 10 rounds per load to be fired as one group per load. We'll see if any show good consistency for further development.

Rolled up some rounds for barrel break-in and initial speed test on a new PRC rig.

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

Back