What do i need to get my binos to mount to a tripod?

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Zeiss Victory SF 10x42's and need to know what kind of adapter I need to get these to mount to a tripod? I think a binofix is what I need just not real sure?? Any info on this would greatly be appreciated.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
For less than 1/10th the cost

It's a little heavy and I'd imagine lesser quality than an $80 adapter but mine is solid and gets the job done. There's plenty if options on amazon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No doubt that the Outdoorsmans system is the best and fastest way to go from chest carrying to tripod mounted. The other adapters are cheaper but much much slower to go back and forth. For example, the Outdoorsmans stud just pops on to the adapter, while the cheap ones need to be screwed and unscrewed every time.

The bino stud is a little more complicated for the Victory binos:

https://outdoorsmans.com/collections/studs-adapters/products/victory-sf-stud-install

EDIT: I gave my input because the guys above didn't go into enough detail. I have never held a pair of Victory binos. I would follow tdhanses's suggestion (below) and do what he says because he really knows his gear.

Last edited:
I'm hesitant to get a stud installed in my Zeiss Victory SF binoculars because one of its main selling points in the incredible balance it has in your hands that makes it seem like it weighs less than it does. I'll likely go with a non-stud universal adapter if I ever want one.

Buzby

WKR
Outdoorsmans. I can’t see the stud being an issue once installed. It’s a very minimal addition.

OP
O

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
I would go with the Outdoorsmans Bino Hand.
I think this may be the way I go with my Zeiss SF's. I really hate mailing them off and taking a chance. Then buying another adapter it looks like for the stud, but hey it is only money!

fwafwow

WKR
I have a pair of Zeiss Victory SF 10x42's and need to know what kind of adapter I need to get these to mount to a tripod? I think a binofix is what I need just not real sure?? Any info on this would greatly be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat. Which way did you go? Anyone else like the Outdoorsman?

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the field optics one based on the recommendation from Doug at camera land. Hasn’t arrived yet so not sure how it will work

pirogue

WKR
Those adapters that permit the center of the binos to sit directly over the center of tripod are a lot more ergonomically pleasing than the Outdoorsman. Since the Outdoorsman stud is pressed into the objective lens hinge, this places the center of binos rearward of the center of tripod, creating the distance, or radius, of the tripod center to eyecups being longer than the distance of tripod center to eyecups of binos used with an adapter allowing center of binos to be placed directly over center of tripod. The longer the radius, the greater the circumference, resulting in more head, neck, and upper body movement to pan the same width, or depth of field.

fwafwow

WKR
Those adapters that permit the center of the binos to sit directly over the center of tripod are a lot more ergonomically pleasing than the Outdoorsman. Since the Outdoorsman stud is pressed into the objective lens hinge, this places the center of binos rearward of the center of tripod, creating the distance, or radius, of the tripod center to eyecups being longer than the distance of tripod center to eyecups of binos used with an adapter allowing center of binos to be placed directly over center of tripod. The longer the radius, the greater the circumference, resulting in more head, neck, and upper body movement to pan the same width, or depth of field.

Thanks - never would have thought of this. What do you use?

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a tap &die set, an L bracket of aluminum with 2 tapped holes should work.
I think most are 1/4-20. Two little thumb bolts, may a piece of leather or rubber to protect head and binos and you're all set

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WyoKid

WKR
I use the Leopold adapter, which has a platform and velcro. It might not work for 12x50 but works great for 9 and 10x