What do you do for a living?

Commercial and high end residential project manager Monday through Thursday 8-5 and a 1/2 day Friday. I can also "work from home". As long as I'm responding to calls, texts, and emails I could work 100% remote. I was "off" 2.5 weeks in December and taking another week in January off.

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Offshore in the Oil industry. 28 days on/ 28 days off. I’m also a Husband/Father with kids who play sports so I can’t be gone the entire hitch home, but I am blessed with a family that allows me plenty of time in September to chase my dreams.

Jlwatts

FNG
Operator at a chemical plant. We work swing shift so I get a decent amount of time off to hunt/fish.

bgold

FNG
I work for a tractor dealership. Planting through harvest the job is crazy busy, but after that have about as much time as I want.

School counselor. 16 days of personal/sick leave, school break schedule, and I control a lot of my own calendar. The fall can be a tricky time of year, but with the right planning I typically get in a 4-5 day backpack hunt at the start of bow season and plenty of one-offs.

Government attorney. Also coach HS football (fall is certainly a busy time, haha). If I got paid enough to coach, which will never ever happen, I'd probably quit the day job.

maxx075

FNG
Software Engineer for the MIC (military industrial complex). Nice flexible hours and 9/80 schedule. Hoping to utilize those flexible hours for some hunting this year since I just moved out west.

Retired
Was a machinest for 20 years and then CNC programmer for 24.
Don't let anybody kid you, retirement rocks!

I used to program and run CNC lathes. HAAS and Mori-Seiki.

I really liked that work. I was good at it and nobody bothered me because nobody else in the shop knew how to run the things. lol

fshaw

WKR
I served a career in the Submarine Navy and hunted when I could get time. Had the opportunity to hunt blacktails and wild pigs in California and whitetails in the northeast. Then worked a second career as a public school teacher in the Adirondacks. Got a guide’s license so guided hunters and fishermen in the Adirondacks and hunted and fished for myself there when I wasn’t guiding. After retiring from teaching I became a registered guide in Maine. I hope to get some guide work for fishermen in Maine this coming season. Beyond that I hunt, fish and guide hunters and fishermen in the Adirondacks. Been pretty lucky.

What do you do for a living and how does it benefit / hurt your ability to scout, hunt and plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am retired, so spend most of my winter days scouting and hiking.
I was a professor of geospatial technologies so GPS, Satellite Imagery, GIS and I do quite a bit of E-Scouting and planning my winter days scouting.