What do you do?

robtattoo

WKR
I have a kinda unique situation, in that my Wife & I work together, 7 days a week. I make sure I plan my annual trips months in advance & I forego some smaller, petty trips to compensate for my 2 weeks out at each year. If im not here, i know her workload doubles, so i'm very conscious of not taking time away I really don't need, whilst actively encouraging her to take as much as she'd like. Her vacations are usually 3 or 4 day trips, several times each year, where mine is usually a weekend in the spring for florida fishing & 2 weeks at the end of fall for elk.
I never ask permission, but i make damn sure she's ok with it, as she does with me. In the 20+years we've been together, we've always made sure we were both financially independent. Yes, we have a joint account to cover bills etc... but we also pay ourselves individually so neither of us has to 'ok' a personal expense. I have no say over her spending & she has none over mine & (touch wood) we've never had a single argument about money.
I think that living & working together creates an environment that's very hunting trip friendly as well..... by October, she's f*^$#;ng sick of me! 🤣

Backyard

WKR
I married one that understands and supports anything I do. And I support her interests as well. There isn't any "what do I do so that I can go do..." in our relationship. Wouldn't have settled with her if I had to in the first place.

ScottinPA

WKR
My wife knew she married a hunter. In fact I got her into hunting and we hunted together some locally. Once kids came she wanted to be at home but understands I hunt. We discuss my out-of-state hunting plans but I don't ask permission, more get her perspective. I check in daily when gone (InReach typically). Now the boys are pestering her to hunt with them and she has rifle hunted 1-2 times but typically feels it's a Father/Son thing. 8 year age gap between boys kinda helps too.

Poser

WKR
I married one that understands and supports anything I do. And I support her interests as well. There isn't any "what do I do so that I can go do..." in our relationship. Wouldn't have settled with her if I had to in the first place.

This is the ideal scenario. Unfortunately, it is the exception. As you can See from this thread, many men, even most men are in a situation where they are having to negotiate desires. Assuming hunting is a desire, which I imagine that it is for any Rokslide me ever. As soon as you have to start negotiating for time spent hunting, time spend doing hobbies, hanging out with friends and even for sex with your spouse, you are in a position where you’re desire for happiness is not relevant to your spouse and you are only serving their desires for happiness. If you have to negotiate time to go hunting by doing chores and favors, then you are only doing enough for your spouse to tolerate the inconvenience of you not serving her desires for a weekend or a week or 2 weeks or whatever. I feel sorry for anyone in that situation as the “happy wife, happy life” mentality has defeated you. Where’s the “happy husband, happy life” saying? Oh that’s right, it doesn’t exist in society. You have to stamp that out for yourself and find a woman that actually cares whether you are happy or not, which is less common that we want to believe.

CJohnson

WKR
I read books and novels related to noh theatre and its purpose in the Japanese culture. I have a lot of interest in Japanese culture. Noh theatre basically comes from Japanese mythology where actors perform drama wearing Kabuki masks and samurai outfits. You should also read about it. It is quite fascinating for me.

What's up with people randomly going back 8 years and commenting on posts with something strange like this?