What is your household hunting budget?

This is my first out west and I need to decide future plan.

Yep, like everything else in life, having desire and then goals, and then plans to see the fruition of those goals, furthers a person in all aspects. Makes them well-rounded.

Zerk

Lil-Rokslider
It's a little of everything. I do so spend money on my vices. But I still remember where I came from. Not saying I would never shoot big bucks , but it wouldn't sit well with me.

On one hand percentage is good gauge to use, and it isn't too. I suspect some big incomes here, and I do ok too. But $1k I still hee and haw over. Hell $100 I sweat.

WCB

WKR
What ever it takes.....I don't buy new gear and gadgets all the time so basically decide on what tags I want to put in for and if I get them I pay the fees. My wife hunts a bunch and goes on a couple out of state trips with here dad so there are two of us doing the same thing.

Funny I was pissed about spending a little over $100 on a battery for my atv tow behind brush trimmer but then get pi$$ed I missed out on paying around $2500+ on tags because I didn't draw.

I usually spend around $500ish on licenses if I get an antelope tag. If I don't, its about $350. Gas and food may be around $500-$1000. We are on a tight budget so I usually don't buy any new gear anymore. I sell gear to buy it or sell tools and my labor to get gear. Most years its probably around $200 for new gear. New water filters, bladders etc. This year I need new boots and am tryin to figure out how to pay for those lol.

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have a budget haha.

I just buy good gear once or twice a year. After a few years now I have accumulated pretty much everything I need. Maybe need about $1000 worth of stuff next year and I’m pretty well done until something breaks.

To beg to hunt your animals.

Here $13 for deer. You do have to apply for bear and does. Which are about same price. You can hunt bear every year or other if in bear area.

Midwest there is tradition of hunting. You got deer camps, radio is doing buck report.

I am excited to hunt out west. But I would miss that.

As for money, we laugh at ourselves cause spending few hundred bucks on bait or food plots.
You think there's not a tradition of hunting in the west? The south? The northeast? The north woods?

The details of the traditions may be different, but they all have hunting traditions.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Between gear, shooting equipment, tags, out of state tags, processing fees, fuel, flights, rental cars, on the road expensive food, butchering if on the road and no time to do it myself, mounts if needed, coolers, ice, gas station snacks etc etc etc…

Way too much money honestly. But I’ll continue to spend it every year and enjoy it while I can and have the means. I have unlimited paid vacation within reason, so I’m not taking unpaid time to hunt which helps.

Zerk

Lil-Rokslider
I am sure there is,buts different I suspect east. We hunt every year. Deer camps. Schools close. Local radio reporting. Families get together.

$13 for a tag.

$200-300 a year on average on this and that so neglible. Really see no need to throw more money than that at it.

Really surprised to see some of you are throwing 10% or more of your income at hunting, wow!

cmahoney

WKR
$200-300 a year on average on this and that so neglible. Really see no need to throw more money than that at it.

Really surprised to see some of you are throwing 10% or more of your income at hunting, wow!

It’s a lifestyle and if the whole family participates it’s easy to do. Throw in some expenses like a new bird dog or weapons for the kids, travel and it adds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upwards of 30%.

Very little of that is spent on fancy gear. but when you include gas, points/apps, licenses, camp supplies, ammo, flights, etc. It starts to add up quickly.

depends more tags I draw the cheaper it is, less tags more expensive it is.

5-15% with app fees etc.

*zap*

WKR
I have pretty much all I 'need' to hunt so less than $1000 a year including gas if I stay in Kansas. If I hunt Missouri for deer this year that would double if I do 3 trips there. All I need are tags and gasoline...no hotels just camp out and I need to eat everyday anyway...