What other addiction(s) do you have?

Elk97

WKR
Used to be big into salmon fishing -WA has it all but shut down now
Used to shoot shotguns a lot - my gun club has banned me cause I'm not jabbed
Used to go boating in Canada every summer- border is closed
Guess I'm between hobbies (except for Sept elk hunting in MT)

Besides hunting it used to be Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but a widow maker heart attack at 43 ended that.

Now it’s basically hunting and 3D. Took up the recurve in November and inside 20 yards I was consistently in the 10 ring on my Rhinehart deer target and have put the compound away and it reenergized my hunting. I almost got an opportunity on New Year’s Eve morning but wasn’t comfortable shooting at 28 yards.

I used to fly fish at least 100 days a year and then kids came along and since hunting was local I had to make a choice so I could be at my kids activities. They are grown now with my youngest at the Navy Bootcamp so I will have time again to hunt and fish again. The bummer is my hunting and fishing buddies have either moved away or quit saying they are too old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
Rubik’s cubes / speed cubing

Really want to get into nature and wild life photography so researching how to start that.

grfox92

WKR
Mustangs and fast Fords. Planning hunts. Shooting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4rcgoat

WKR
Besides hunting it used to be Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but a widow maker heart attack at 43 ended that.

Now it’s basically hunting and 3D. Took up the recurve in November and inside 20 yards I was consistently in the 10 ring on my Rhinehart deer target and have put the compound away and it reenergized my hunting. I almost got an opportunity on New Year’s Eve morning but wasn’t comfortable shooting at 28 yards.

I used to fly fish at least 100 days a year and then kids came along and since hunting was local I had to make a choice so I could be at my kids activities. They are grown now with my youngest at the Navy Bootcamp so I will have time again to hunt and fish again. The bummer is my hunting and fishing buddies have either moved away or quit saying they are too old.

Hope you get a chance to go see the graduation ceremony, it was soooo worth the trip. Oldest son went through it 6 years ago.

Hope you get a chance to go see the graduation ceremony, it was soooo worth the trip. Oldest son went through it 6 years ago.
His graduation is the 15th. Hopefully they don't close the graduation to the families as it is they went from 4 to 2 and with the surge in Omicron my wife is very nervous they won't let us attend. My son is going to be on the helicopter crew with the goal of becoming a rescue swimmer.

Thank your son for his service!

Mine is wildlife management. Took a week off work to hunt the rut after Christmas with the family. Ended up hauling a 40’ gooseneck of oak trees to the farm and planted them instead. Then bought feed and moved feeders around filling them. Every day I’m there I tweak a plan or come up with a new one.
my wife thinks I’d been better off on drugs financially speaking of course.

fwafwow

WKR
Clearly we all share something of an obsession with the outdoors and hunting, fishing, camping and gear-whoring. This website has cost me tens of thousands of dollar in new gear. Not complaining, just a fact. But I'm curious...what other addiction(s) do you enjoy when you're not humping through the backcountry? This is mine. Just joined the Patriot Guard Riders, cool people there.
The General Discussion forum.

4rcgoat

WKR
His graduation is the 15th. Hopefully they don't close the graduation to the families as it is they went from 4 to 2 and with the surge in Omicron my wife is very nervous they won't let us attend. My son is going to be on the helicopter crew with the goal of becoming a rescue swimmer.

Thank your son for his service!
Yes sir and thankyou and your son.

Pretty much anything with an engine in it! Truck pulling, boating, 4 wheeling, motorcycles, you name it. Currently working on a Jeep Liberty CRD wheeler/ hunting rig.

940efde139adff71fed04b835003ebd4.jpeg

fc561a364ca3fd6dd77866af67790d92.jpg

d44800908bce95ed2eeb5172fc17d627.jpg

cc6a792ee7df05f8b8126796e4ba8396.jpg

satchamo

WKR
Hunting, archery and oddly enough - my grass. I’m a lawn geek
713b1ccf43aaf716cc0b3579c0e3b08f.jpg

Renovated my acre lot with premium tall turf type fescue this past October. This is about a month after seeding.

Last edited: