What piece of gear do you wish existed?

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
I wish someone made a tree stand pack that is designed to be carried on your tree stand and has no padding or other things designed for carrying on your back which just adds weight. it needs non padded thin straps just enough to get on your back to climb the tree and that's it. Every quality pack I find weight pounds before you even put the first item in them due to all the fancy straps and padding in the back of them to make them comfortable to carry.
Lone wolf custom gear

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone try this out yet? I think im gonna give it a shot. Wonder how much battery it uses..

UPDATE: just recieved this a couple days ago and so far its extremely impressive! Weighs in at 3.4oz. Ran it in my boots for 14 hours and my anker 10,000 battery bank only went down 1 bar out of 4 on its power meter. Definitely didn't need to run it that long but wanted to see how long it would take to bring the power level down a bar. I could see this battery bank lasting me a week easily using this boot dryer while i sleep. Totally worth it, my feet get really sweaty. Grakksaw rocks

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
UPDATE: just recieved this a couple days ago and so far its extremely impressive! Weighs in at 3.4oz. Ran it in my boots for 14 hours and my anker 10,000 battery bank only went down 1 bar out of 4 on its power meter. Definitely didn't need to run it that long but wanted to see how long it would take to bring the power level down a bar. I could see this battery bank lasting me a week easily using this boot dryer while i sleep. Totally worth it, my feet get really sweaty. Grakksaw rocks
That may be worth it for my sweaty feet on some trips!

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
How compact is the system? We all carry battery banks, I'd be willing to car another as my feet get fairly sweaty as well and in cooler months it's like they never dry b

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

How compact is the system? We all carry battery banks, I'd be willing to car another as my feet get fairly sweaty as well and in cooler months it's like they never dry b

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Its super small

Attachments

• 16186779662726589984847934506309.jpg
    16186779662726589984847934506309.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 16186780371874582960999046995061.jpg
    16186780371874582960999046995061.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 80
This is how grakksaw recomends storing them, stacked face to face

Attachments

• 16186781188701144343252984107833.jpg
    16186781188701144343252984107833.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 72

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I wish Outdoorsmans would make a version of their panhead that would accept their proprietary mounting plates and an arca rail. Just like the RRS Anvil head does for arca and pic rails. That would really simplify things for me a d I wouldn’t need to use any adapters.
They just released this item 😉

spudgunr

FNG
Can you hook up just one fan? I am not looking for a boot dryer, I am looking for something to circulate air in a hot tent to help it be warmer at the ground and cooler up top. I cant really tell from the pics, but I am guessing both fans go to the same USB cord. Though, who knows if these fans would be powerful enough to provide circulation for a tent; a lot bigger than a boot!

Can you hook up just one fan? I am not looking for a boot dryer, I am looking for something to circulate air in a hot tent to help it be warmer at the ground and cooler up top. I cant really tell from the pics, but I am guessing both fans go to the same USB cord. Though, who knows if these fans would be powerful enough to provide circulation for a tent; a lot bigger than a boot!
I would contact grakksaw to be sure, but i assume you could just snip one fan off and put butt connectors or something on the wires so you could use both again if you wanted to

apnea

FNG
The wraps and rifle covers are up on the website. http://thunderbirdlongrange.com/store.html

As a new sponsor, there is a limited time discount of 30% off orders over $100.00. Its always free shipping on any order.

@hereinaz

Ordering now. This could be a good item to make in orange, I can see losing it if removing in the heat of the moment

Bump79

WKR
Light weight/ packable boot covers for glassing sessions. I have the artic shield covers, but I would really like something that takes up a lot less space in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to take off your boots but I've been eyeing these

Doublers for my 15x56 slc’s….I cannot believe they don’t make them…

Last edited:

Button

WKR
Space time machine.
A time machine will only allow you to travel through time, not space.

If anyone has one feel free to PM. Better yet swing by in the past or future.

I want an App for my smartphone to give me the ability to use it as a satellite phone.
Seriously. Can some nerd just stuff the guts of a Zoleo up inside my iPhone already? Hard to believe this doesn’t exist. In fact, I’ve talked myself out of buying a Zoleo/inreach in the past because I’m sure this will come out the week afterwards I put down the $$.

Come-on Sitka. Just put a couple of those soft close button snaps around and marry them up with your own gaiters to prevent this!
I want a couple of these snaps on the butt of my pants and inside the lower back area of my jacket so they marry together. When I sit down to glass and lean forward, my jacket always rides up and let’s the wind in.

I’d like a way to use trekking poles and the frame of my pack to make a backrest when glassing. Seems like it would be super easy… done it in the right conditions but falls apart too easy. Zero weight chair…???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunting pants for short guys. like 28" inseam so the side pockets are not at my knees and the articulated knees are in the correct spot.
I have been using Snickers workwear. Online and axmen in missoula mt are the only places I have found them.

BBob

WKR
Doublers for my 15x56 slc’s….I cannot believe they don’t make them…
They did for the earlier generations but quit because they didn’t sell all that many and they weren’t really so great. They worked but not anywhere near as well as a real spotter. I still have one with several adapters that fit a number of SLC and I believe EL’s. Fujinon made one for their binoculars and we tried those a little too. We machined adapters to mate both the Swaro and Fuginon to Zeiss 15x60’s. I sold a fair number of those adapters back then.