What's a Good Mobile Tree Stand Setup?

DrHogfan

FNG
Used lone Wolf and Sticks for years to run n gun. “Tried out” a saddle and never hung my LW on another tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddog

WKR
Ended up getting an XOP Vanish Evolution and the short sticks to try out this season, gotta get some practice in before Oct 1. Coming quick!

I really like the lone wolf assault stands paired with the lone wolf sticks. I have grown to like the shorter double step sticks much better. I am currently using beast sticks and some api I modded. I mostly use a saddle now but still like the assault stand setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2 on the tree saddle. I have been doing it since the original Trophyline diaper. It is the only way to go for a mobile setup.

Yarcher

FNG
I've been using the Lone Wolf lock on and sticks, quick and easy to setup. I like my saddle, it's just not my go to setup.

wesfromky

WKR
Three Out on a Limb Shiker Sticks with a Backwoods mobile 3 step aider gets me to about 20 feet. Super light and they way they fold up makes them super easy to pack.
D6B9D547-53A0-4DDB-B557-A3453BDFCEAD.jpeg3BE45CA4-B255-4B0F-9528-63B5ED436303.jpeg9BF65336-7271-4160-B263-19ECAA2CE494.jpeg

ffcpfef

FNG
For comfort I use my milennium M100 (11.5 pounds) with the separate slide on bracket for ease of hanging along with lone wolf sticks. Before that I used the lone wolf assault, but nothing compares to the comfort of the millennium sling seats.

CuZnV1nny

FNG
OP's thinking is why I'm switching to the saddle... heaviest thing you carry are the sticks. Especially if the goal is "going deep".

That said, I have two hang-on stands I got to try and NOT spend $300+. If I could do it all over again, I probably would have gotten a lone wolf, but my current stands work well enough and I am used to them.

The joke is that between the two, I use the one I found on Craigslist (Hawk stand + rivers edge sticks). Lighter and also my profile is smaller than my lone wolf counterparts; I can move a bit easier and quieter than they can.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
The Lone Wolfs are really nice but if you're not looking to blow the bank, but still want quality, the next tier down in my opinion (which is what I have) is the Millennium M25.

Sorry I'm on mobile and can't figure out how to insert links.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk