What's a Good Mobile Tree Stand Setup?

VTJ

^^ .. it is 1.25 mile hike to get in to that location, some locations are closer, my shortest is about .3 mile to get to, most are .5 to a full mile walk in ... I like what I have, with it I can set up where I need to be, rather than have a climber and be forced to a location I dont want to be in or bypass a location completely ..

Reactions: NME

trdonahue7

I have always bought the cheapest stands I could find since I am mostly hunting over heavy trails/bait. I have decided I want to buy a setup for going deep into areas and do more of a run and gun approach. What do most of you use for your mobile stand setup? Been looking at Lone Wolf but there has to be some less expensive options for a lightweight/climbing stand + sticks.
I have many kinds. My XOP is by far the best set up I have. Their sticks really seal the deal but there stand (max XL) is so nice. I went big because I rarely have to hike more than 1 mile in Missouri for access and my west bag gets up to 60lbs without meat so weight isn't a huge deal. The stand is great and I highly recommend xop. Millenium is another AWESOME stand set up for mobile hunting. Their bucket seat can literally be sat in for hours upon hours without adjusting. only problem with it when wearing heavy clothes in cold weather and a harness is the straps often get in the way making lateral movements (archery) much harder. Always sacrificing comfort for function but that's the name of the game. With that being said, my millenium is by far the most comfortable stand I own... mobile or not. My most favorite company and best mobile set up, especially their sticks is by far the XOP. They have it all. use their new bracket system and everthing already latches to itself. It is perfect. my recommendations is XOP. Customer support rocks and they will help you with everthing or guide you to the right purchase. Will be buying more xop in the near future.

jakexslide

I have always bought the cheapest stands I could find since I am mostly hunting over heavy trails/bait. I have decided I want to buy a setup for going deep into areas and do more of a run and gun approach. What do most of you use for your mobile stand setup? Been looking at Lone Wolf but there has to be some less expensive options for a lightweight/climbing stand + sticks.
CHECK THIS OUT, will cost you $250 shipped. Lone Wolf Assault II Hang on Tree Stand

MN_Condor

I had the same question as you this year. I now have a Lone Wolf Alpha II, after some research I decided this was the way to go. But I also picked up a sit drag for saddle hunting, since I already have the sticks with the stand. Now I can try both styles, for very little extra cash. DIY Sportsman, and Greg from G2 Outdoors, both on YouTube, have some great videos on lightweight run-and-gun setups for hunting.