Which barrel company do you use

Innovation and new cartridges are great, pushing a bullet well beyond its limits and shooting a hole in your suppressor is not.

I dont see how thats even debatable.

Point is people should not be afraid of fast twists
It’s limits are determined by twist rates, dude. People shouldn’t be afraid, but they should know that overspinning is possible.

I’ve got 2 benchmarks that shoot dimes, definitely worth a look as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 .260 Rem on a Rem700 SA. McM Hunters Edge, 20” 2B bbl and a NF NXS 2-10x42.

2. .300 wsm. Borden SA. McWhorter McM stock. 22” 2B bbl. NF NXS 3-15x50.

3. 6.5 prc. Defiance An-Ti XM. AG Composites. 22” Bart 3, March 2.5-25-52

None of them are perfect and there are slight changes I would make to each of them if starting over again. None were built with weight being the #1 priority, but rather, light enough to carry but also easy to shoot.

Whichever Benchmark, bartlein, krieger, brux, hawk hill, mullerworks, proof, etc is available in the configuration you want soonest.

Check out Wilson's you can get a barrel for 209 to your door. I just had one done up in 260ai and it is shooting real well so far(see below pics 1 month apart). Also ordered a McGowan for about 270 to melt with a 6um chamber, have no doubts the McGowan should do well.

Most barrels will do well anymore, lots of options and have had many different makes, listen to the above, find one available in the twist you need and cou tour and go.

Attachments

• 20231007_103548.jpg
    20231007_103548.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230908_160201.jpg
    20230908_160201.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 18
In steel barrels I have Krieger, Bartlein and Brux.

Krieger is the most accurate and most consistent of the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My gunsmith uses mostly Douglas barrels and they seem to all shoot. I used a Lilja on one and it shot good but idk if I would do it again over a Douglas for the price.

1 .260 Rem on a Rem700 SA. McM Hunters Edge, 20” 2B bbl and a NF NXS 2-10x42.

2. .300 wsm. Borden SA. McWhorter McM stock. 22” 2B bbl. NF NXS 3-15x50.

3. 6.5 prc. Defiance An-Ti XM. AG Composites. 22” Bart 3, March 2.5-25-52

None of them are perfect and there are slight changes I would make to each of them if starting over again. None were built with weight being the #1 priority, but rather, light enough to carry but also easy to shoot.
Of the stocks you have listed which one do you like best?

I honestly don’t love any of them. They all have compromises.

Gunwerks or TS Customs would be my first choice in stocks, but very hard to get your hands on either.

Reactions: NSI
You can buy them from Impact if you use one of their receivers.
I just bought a 737R SA from them. They don’t make a LA in left hand. I sent them a email asking if I can still get a stock for my Vampire LA? Will let you know what they say.

Sako/Tikka makes the best factory barrels on the planet, and they are excellent, often times right there with the customs. I do like the Hart and Brux barrels I have, especially the McWhorter/Hart/7mm08.

My kimber 6.5prc has a lilja, It hated factory ammo, but the bullets clover leaf with handloads.
I have a sako 9.3x62 with a shilen that is boringly accurate and not picky, but it’s also a magnum contour.
I just started working on loads for my tikka 7prc wearing a benchmark #2, It also hates factory ammo. Initial lloads are at 3/4” with h1000. I’m sure It’ll do .5” with bergers, but I want a bonded bullet for this setup (elk/moose to 5/600yd)

For what its worth I've used a bunch of Douglas and all have shot well

If anyone is interested I have a brand-new proof 1-8 7mm I'd love to move along my days of building are over...

Back