Why every liberal millennial.......

I guess ww2 soldiers were so badass their babies got cranked out like b-24 liberators at willow run.

IDWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Well, this whole Covid thing has liberals-in-charge treating all of us like 5 year olds, so what's the difference?

SCOTUS is most conservative in a gneeration, POTUS is re-writing rules of human decency in the name of conservatism, the AG is Henchman #1 asserting executive privilege for everything under the sun and you claim "the liberals are in charge"??? Your statement can't possibly be more incoherent. What universe do you live in?

ODB

WKR
I’m 38 and I don’t Identify with that generation. I identify with generation X. Just like most millennials don’t identify with their own gender 😃

Proud Generation Xer here....come on in. While the millennials enjoy taking shots at the baby boomers, we just sit back, watch the shells fly overhead and keep plugging along.

Poser

WKR
how Is someone born in 45 a boomer??

Makes no sense.

Boomers were a product of the baby boom following WW II. This was a huge generation. You’d probably even take it back to 1940 or so, because WWII seems to be the generational divide. However, if you were born in, say, 1940, you likely have more in common with the post war generation than the pre war. For example, I was born during the Vietnam War, however, you’d be hard pressed to show that it shaped my childhood in any direct way, however, someone born 20 years before me was absolutely shaped by the war itself and the social events surrounding the war.

Boomers first started popping out babys in the mid 60s. Their kids would grow up to become Gen X. This is a very small generation compared to Boomers.

Gen X started having baby’s in the mid 80s. Their kids would become Millennials. This is a much larger generation than Gen X. Gen X, despite growing up as “latchkey kids” with semi checked out parents and a “free range” childhood, for whatever reason, took the opposite approach as their Boomer parents and took a very protective and coddling approach to parenting.

These examples illustrate why it’s difficult to place hard bookend years on generations. It’s more of a span of time. Even within the generations, there are differences in decades. A Gen Xer born in 1966, was shaped somewhat differently coming to age in the 80s then someone born in 1976 and coming of age in the 90s, but still, those two grew up with parents from the same generation, sharing more in common in terms of ideology, pop culture influences (you cannot dismiss these influences), and meta socio-economics. Generations react, Rebel, reject etc many of their parent’s generational ideals. The interesting thing at this moment in time is that the generation war is largely between Millennials and Boomers. This could be because X is such a small generation, but it’s also because Boomers are hanging on to power pretty late in life. Look how much of our federal leadership is older than 65. I look around my office, for example, and it is a Millennial workforce with Boomer administrators.

Poser

WKR
Proud Generation Xer here....come on in. While the millennials enjoy taking shots at the baby boomers, we just sit back, watch the shells fly overhead and keep plugging along.

f27aea3b39a29c0fd6351fe7f44f66fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
You have a point, maybe some got busy a year early and it still counts. Idk

You had furloughs and also some fellows with deferments. One of my grandfathers was a railroad worker and had a deferment and had 2-3 kids during the war. I’d call those Boomers. What else would they be? Likewise, some soldiers came home and didn’t have kids for another 10 years and other kids who were, say, 8 or 12 at the end of the war, didn’t have kids until maybe the early 60s. There kids are still part of the Boomer generation. They aren’t the “greatest generation”, and they aren’t Xers.

Eagle

WKR
You were born in 83? Some folks classify millennials as starting in 1985, others use 1980. There’s always going to be a few transitional years in there, but I’d tend to agree with 1985 as I think of generations in terms of 20 year cycles. Boomers started popping out immediately following WWII, so 1945-1965. Gen X: 1965-1985. Of course, someone born in 1983 is going to have more of the same influences as Millennials than they do Xers.

I think the area of the country someone was born in during those transitional years has the largest influence. I didn't really have internet access until I started college, due to the rural location of my home (KY, born in 84). Someone born in 84, but to an affluent family in a major metropolitan area likely has more millennial tendancies/traits than someone like myself.

Poser

WKR
I think the area of the country someone was born in during those transitional years has the largest influence. I didn't really have internet access until I started college, due to the rural location of my home (KY, born in 84). Someone born in 84, but to an affluent family in a major metropolitan area likely has more millennial tendancies/traits than someone like myself.

Certainly. I’d even add that older siblings are a big influence. If you were born in 84 with an older sibling born, in say, 80, that would probably yield more of a Xer influence as well. Again, that’s why I would say generational boundaries are more of a reference point. There’s not much of a difference between Being born in 84 and 86, but, on paper, that may tie you to one generation or another.

street

WKR
I give it a six. Not all that compelling and provides the Wolf lobby ammo we needn't give them. Meh. Would like to read something that actually sways minds, walks them through the entire process and makes them appreciate hunters and hunting in a very tangible way. This piece fails to do that IMHO and the comments posted to that page seems to confirm that.

That said, I don't "identify" myself...it's a bullshit notion that you can change what you are by "identifying" yourself as something you're not. I'm a 60 yr old bow hunter raised to be a decent person, respect others and accept hardships, challenges and opportunities as they come. And you don't know shit about hog hunting until you've done it solo with a bow on the ground without hounds.

View attachment 182903

So you self identify as a bow hunter that knows shit because you only solo hunt hogs on the ground with a bow without hounds, that doesn't believe in self identifying?

16Bore

WKR
Hunting by generation:

Boomer- taught by grandfather/father, part of growing up. 270 because that’s what JOC had or 30-06. Army surplus camo, red plaid.

Gen X- taught by Dad, maybe grandfather. Poured through Field and Stream, Outdoor Life, read books. Self taught, trial and error. TreBark, Mossy Oak. 270/30-06.

Millenial- Google, Forums. Dad’s not home because he’s out boinking some broad. $500 monkey suit because that’s what he read about, 6.5 CM because it’s like the latest iPhone. 15 minutes in the words and frustrated because he hasn’t seen something. Pics on Instagram before the knife comes out. Talks about his feelings.

Hunting by generation:

Boomer- taught by grandfather/father, part of growing up. 270 because that’s what JOC had or 30-06. Army surplus camo, red plaid.

Gen X- taught by Dad, maybe grandfather. Poured through Field and Stream, Outdoor Life, read books. Self taught, trial and error. TreBark, Mossy Oak. 270/30-06.

Millenial- Google, Forums. Dad’s not home because he’s out boinking some broad. $500 monkey suit because that’s what he read about, 6.5 CM because it’s like the latest iPhone. 15 minutes in the words and frustrated because he hasn’t seen something. Pics on Instagram before the knife comes out. Talks about his feelings.

That is right on the mark. All I use is a 30-06, 1/2 dad taught and self taught. Gen-X

Hunting by generation:

LMAO ....most boomers I know hunt with belted magnums...but your Gen X is spot on...my three current centerfire rifles are two '06s and a .270...and I'm wearing a Mossy Oak hoodie right now.... :ROFLMAO:

Azone

WKR
Hunting by generation:

Born in 89. My father and his friend who was basically my second father taught me everything. From what I remember there was no broad boinking, but I could be wrong on that.
Blue jeans and t shirts, no monkey suits. .264 barrel burning belted Win Mag. Wasn’t allowed to have a cell phone till I was almost a senior in high school. Rokslide is the only social media thingy I’m part of. Talking about feelings....never been my strong point.

Now with all of that being said most people my age, that I have to interact with disgust me. But being in CA, it’s really not a bright spot on the humanity radar. Lazy and entitled, wanting everything without working for it or trying to earn it. But there are few youngsters who are not completely worthless.

16Bore

WKR
Question for the Gen X’ers:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the millenials skip through the lunch line, google, then try tell you what’s good to eat?

Broad brush and poking fun, of course. But you know the guy.

Lots of good milenials out there, especially when they sell their old stuff that doesn’t work anymore. 😂