Why every liberal millennial.......

Question for the Gen X’ers:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the millenials skip through the lunch line, google, then try tell you what’s good to eat?

Broad brush and poking fun, of course. But you know the guy.

Lots of good milenials out there, especially when they sell their old stuff that doesn’t work anymore. 😂

All I can say is i’m extremely happy smart phones weren’t around when I was young. Might as well feed your kid weed if they’re in front of a screen all day. I see 5 yr olds buried in they’re phones and it makes me very sad.

Azone

WKR
Question for the Gen X’ers:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the millenials skip through the lunch line, google, then try tell you what’s good to eat?

Broad brush and poking fun, of course. But you know the guy.

Lots of good milenials out there, especially when they sell their old stuff that doesn’t work anymore. 😂

the classifieds on this site do make me wonder sometimes. Yes, I do know the millennials you are referring to, spending money and social media cred are no substitute for skill taught and lessons learned. But it’s a instant gratification world now, one day I will be the guy listening to all those damn kids telling me I’m all wrong. Just wait till all the hipsters start hunting with flintlocks, dressed in buckskins. I’m sure Kuiu is working on a idea for it😉

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hunting by generation:

Boomer- taught by grandfather/father, part of growing up. 270 because that’s what JOC had or 30-06. Army surplus camo, red plaid.

Gen X- taught by Dad, maybe grandfather. Poured through Field and Stream, Outdoor Life, read books. Self taught, trial and error. TreBark, Mossy Oak. 270/30-06.

Millenial- Google, Forums. Dad’s not home because he’s out boinking some broad. $500 monkey suit because that’s what he read about, 6.5 CM because it’s like the latest iPhone. 15 minutes in the words and frustrated because he hasn’t seen something. Pics on Instagram before the knife comes out. Talks about his feelings.

I think I'm considered a millennial since I was born in 1986... Not sure, don't pay any attention to "generational" nonsense.

I can only speak for myself and what I know... My grandfather taught me about hunting and my father taught me about spending time living in the backcountry. I've spent at least 10 days in the backcountry since 1994, haven't missed a single year yet.

This was further solidified when I started dating my now wife when I was 17. Her grandfather and father taught me even more about hunting and grew my passion for it to a whole different level.

So this born and raised CALIFORNIA MILLENNIAL HIPPIE LIBERAL will gladly spend time with you in the mountains. Don't freak out if I'm not wearing a flat brim or praising Obama though, wouldn't want you to have a stroke.

the classifieds on this site do make me wonder sometimes. Yes, I do know the millennials you are referring to, spending money and social media cred are no substitute for skill taught and lessons learned. But it’s a instant gratification world now, one day I will be the guy listening to all those damn kids telling me I’m all wrong. Just wait till all the hipsters start hunting with flintlocks, dressed in buckskins. I’m sure Kuiu is working on a idea for it😉

You just pitched the new show for Meateater.

mwebs

WKR
This thread is pretty funny.

I was born a shot gun hunter, who's curiosity lead to rifle and handguns, so I guess at that point in my life I was bi-curious. Now I identify as a bow hunter who recently got a puppy and will be shotgunning a lot more. Thankfully no change surgeries were need for my identity changes. Oh wait this isn't that kind of thread...

I am supposedly one of the born in the 80s millennial's, however I have 0 social media and actively despise what it has done to society. I admit I had a Myspace back in the day, it was great for chatting up chicks.. A few hunting forums is all I participate in. Most people I work with say I act and have the disposition of a curmudgeon old boomer, so I wholly believe you cant paint everyone with the same brush, but I do believe a large segment of the millennial and following generation are not the best the human race has to offer.

All generations have their issues and that's not an argument anyone can win o_O

Rob5589

WKR
Was going well, until he tried to intersect the 2A and hunting. That's where I hit the eject button...

16Bore

WKR
The only thing worse than millennials and 6.5 CM’s is millenial AR-15 crowd. Holy shit.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Because, “let me tell you, sonny, you don’t know nothing about hunting because you’re (presumably) a liberal Millennial, but I’ll tell you all about it in a condescending tone while making sweeping judgements towards your entire generation” sentiment doesn’t do much for the credibility of hunting or hunting mentors.

Or Americans in general for any subject. But my motto is usually "If you don't want to be treated like a child, then don't act like one". Or you can insert just about anything else in the place of "child" as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
SCOTUS is most conservative in a gneeration, POTUS is re-writing rules of human decency in the name of conservatism, the AG is Henchman #1 asserting executive privilege for everything under the sun and you claim "the liberals are in charge"??? Your statement can't possibly be more incoherent. What universe do you live in?

Incoherent? You do know that each Governor is controlling their states.....right????? Maybe not.

As for your other views you posted, you need to turn off whatever media you're getting your brainwashing from, and think on your own.

Last edited:
Hunting by generation:
Gen X- taught by Dad, maybe grandfather. Poured through Field and Stream, Outdoor Life, read books. Self taught, trial and error. TreBark, Mossy Oak. 270/30-06.

The .270/30-06 was more than likely your grandfathers/fathers gun, had a lot of history in the field, and getting it meant more than anything that they could have bought at the store.

fbhandler

WKR
Solid gen-x here... having a hard time understanding all the fuss today, really. From my limited perspective the most trouble is coming from the Boomers who “identify” more with/as millennials, and I do believe there’s a lot of them. Maybe it’s a rejection of their own up bringing or something, maybe an unwillingness to accept that their time is winding down and they’re willing to do what ever it takes to remain “relevant”.

The result, however, is that the one generation who for the most part had at least a solid upbringing and a sense of right and wrong and which way to go, is now “following” a generation with no sense what so ever about what is right and what is wrong, who even question the existence of such notions.... and who for the most part believes it will all “just work out” or “somebody else will take care of it”.

It’s truly an unbelievable time and the consequences of it all will go far beyond hunting...

Oldpuck

FNG
I enjoyed the read. Thanks for it.

Boomer here. Started shooting archery in Boy Scout Camp in 1968. First bow hunt was in 1972, with a Bear Grizzly recurve I still own. I hunt with my millennial son and have for the past ten years. I taught him a few things, but he has taught me as much or more.

Not all millennials are snowflakes. Not all boomers were hippies, although perhaps we wished we were....

IDWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Incoherent? You do know that each Governor is controlling their states.....right????? Maybe not.

As for your other views you posted, you need to turn off whatever media you're getting your brainwashing from, and think on your own.

So the existing political constitution of SCOTUS and POTUS is actually debatable and can vary based on a given media outlet? I don't believe I've consumed a single source of news that's told me either of them are "liberal". Please check yourself - kindly.

ODB

WKR
Hunting by generation:

Boomer- taught by grandfather/father, part of growing up. 270 because that’s what JOC had or 30-06. Army surplus camo, red plaid.

Millenial- Google, Forums. Dad’s not home because he’s out boinking some broad. $500 monkey suit because that’s what he read about, 6.5 CM because it’s like the latest iPhone. 15 minutes in the words and frustrated because he hasn’t seen something. Pics on Instagram before the knife comes out. Talks about his feelings.

100%

And somewhere between Gen X and Millenials “hunting stuff” became finely tuned and pored-over “systems” that for some reason need constant tinkering and updating else they stop working...