WY Antelope Draw results

come2elmo

WKR
Does this draw system seem overly complex Only to me? C’mon down to TX we’got too many White Tail, nusciance, vermin but tastes like squirrel.
but we have no public land access to speak of. If we had tons of public access they wouldn't be able to do things the way they do. Anyone can go on line and get a license with something like 5+ deer tags, 3 turkey tags etc. Not to mention the MLD tags for landowners. What ultimately controls the number of animals take via hunting is the land owners plain and simple. Hunting is more lucrative to landowners then raising cows so don't expect it to change. Flip that on it head in Wyoming. Tons of land available so you have to limit the tags to properly manage the animals. If they gave out tags like we do in Texas all the critters would be gone in no time.

Hope everyone else is luckier than I am, Point creep strikes again - I have 7pts. which last year would have been an 86% draw this year 0. need 8pts. to get a tag in my area. Suck ola. :cry: But on the good side, I had less than a 2% chance for an anyelk tag and did get that one.:unsure:
I have a hard time to keep buying points for an animal that only has less than 65lbs. of meat. I guess I will try a different area next year.

good luck to the rest of you.

Time was right and decided to burn my NR Wyo. antelope points in a decent unit.. Took 7 points to draw my target unit in central Wyoming. Should be a short fun hunt.

Brendan

WKR
I think it's probably the fact that everyone everywhere just tells people to go hunt doe antelope in Wyoming. Easy first hunt, plenty of leftovers, blah, blah, blah...

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah. What the hell happened. I put in for a NR doe tag that had 85% odds last year, ended up being 8% this year. Saw another one that had 83 first choice apps last year, over 1200 this year. Wtf how do you even plan or account for that??
And somehow I drew two of those doe lope tags out from the 1200+ applicants you reference. I accoiunt for it with dumb luck. the buck tag I drew was earned with a stockplie of points and special draw fee.

I saw that. I was surprised by the amount of points people dumped this year on some of those units.

Even with the two outliers at fourteen points, 71 applicants with at least six points in the regular draw. Compared with no applicants above five points in the special draw, the increased fee seems to have made it worth it this year.

My father and I drew antelope tags this year in WY. I was confident we would get tags but i have been wrong before!:)

Stalker69

WKR
I was going to apply but got so confused on how there application systems works I gave up. Looks as though I would not have fared very well any way seeing that many of you guys have quite a few points and still didn’t draw. Do doe tags require ( accumulate ) points or just bucks?

Rich M

WKR
I can't believe there were 1,000 apps for a given unit. Dang!

Them hunt promotion apps and subscriptions didn't do anyone a favor there.

From what I can tell there was an increase in tags, unit 69. I am not complaining, I just want to see the numbers so I can learn since this is the first time trying to hunt outside of CO
The draw results are on the website. You can see how.many first and second choices. The unit I hunted last year as a leftover didn't make it past 1st choice this year. Reduction in tags and 3x as many applications.

Trying to decide if I want to head up north on the border of Montana where there are a few hundred leftover tags.

Its double the drive, but hard to pass up the fun of antelope hunting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NateK

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like point creep in the unit we applied in is keeping steady with the trend over the last 3 or 4 years. We managed to pull a couple buck tags and six doe tags in our group so we will be heading home with a couple coolers full!

Swampyak

FNG
My oldest son got his buck tag but not his doe
Second oldest got his doe tag
Friends son struck out on his doe tag

Drew 89-2 with 6 points. Glad I got the tag it seems like a lot of folks didn't draw what they were expecting. Good luck to everyone who drew.

ericwh

WKR
Drew 2 doe tags again this year - different unit. Are the HMA websites not working for anyone else or is that just me?