WY Antelope Draw results

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
two buddies went special and drew, my other buddy and myself denied on lope with 1 point. Success with 1 point when we started hunting the area 5 years ago was 100% and this year was %15. Denied and doe tag as well.

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
No luck here. My second choice would have worked as my first but over 100 people thought the unit was a good second choice. Damn the luck (or lack thereof)

What I don't understand is how the doe/fawn tags are drawn out. 5 of us applied individually for 2 doe tags each. 2 out of the 5 drew 2 doe tags, the other 3 didn't draw any at all. You'd think they'd allocate doe tags singularly first and after everyone that had applied for at least one tag had been satisfied, then move on to issuing second tags. We all got our buck tags as we applied in a group so it's not all bad.

jt4

WKR
What I don't understand is how the doe/fawn tags are drawn out. 5 of us applied individually for 2 doe tags each. 2 out of the 5 drew 2 doe tags, the other 3 didn't draw any at all. You'd think they'd allocate doe tags singularly first and after everyone that had applied for at least one tag had been satisfied, then move on to issuing second tags. We all got our buck tags as we applied in a group so it's not all bad.

The way it was explained to me was you can either put in for doe/fawn tags in two different ways. Either 1) put in one application for two tags and you draw both or none. OR 2) put in two separate applications so you can draw none, one, or two.

How it works beyond that....idk but people much more familiar with the system than myself will surely chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy and I both got nothing. My son drew doe tags but missed the buck tag that was 100% draw as second choice in the special draw last year. This year he would not have drawn it as first choice in the special. A lot more applications than in any of last ten years for the unit. Still I will happy if my 13 year old son can harvest his does.

I drew a buck tag no doe...not a great unit but I got gen mule deer buck tag too and my antelope unit is in that gen deer region. Just happy to be heading to the 307 again this year.

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
My mind is blown. We had awful luck... doe tags went from over 75% odds to less than 10%... buck tag went from a 3 point draw to a 5 point draw.

I hear that people are getting more interested in hunting bc of the covids. Last year 3 of us all drew 2 doe tags in the same unit, this year 5 of us applied, 2 (me included) got skunked, and everyone else 1 tag each. And there is not a decent leftover tag to speak of.

T Mathews

FNG
drew a antelope buck tag with 5 points and a muledeer with 1 point didn't draw any doe tags cant wait for season to start