WY Corner crossing update

92xj

WKR
I deleted all that talk.
I’m not interested in screwing someone’s spot even if muleyfever never hunts there again. Maybe I will try now 😂

jmez

WKR
Saw an article the other day where Mt is sending letters to the judge and getting involved in this.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Saw an article the other day where Mt is sending letters to the judge and getting involved in this.

I saw that too. Not the state of Mt., but some organization of land owners and/or guides. Filing a friend of the court type motion.

I hope it goes through federally and makes it legal with clearer guidelines.

I listened to a really interesting podcast from Meat Eater with the attorney from the corner crossing case. Very interesting and laid some context to how things played out.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
The article I read Quoted the attorneys saying they it would extend to the entire west

Marble

WKR
The article I read Quoted the attorneys saying they it would extend to the entire west

If a federal decision occurs, then it would apply nationwide. That's why the land owner wanted it back in state court.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
That's why the billionaires will win in court.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that this group would try to influence the courts decision. It’s just further evidence that money and greed are part of the reason hunting out here isn’t what it used to be.

I hope it stays in federal court, sets a precedent, and states document its legality in regulation books.

jmez

WKR
That group influencing judges isn't what you need to worry about. Billionaires calling senators, said senators calling the judge are what you need to worry about. That's what will happen. The judge will be told how to rule.

Flyjunky

WKR
That group influencing judges isn't what you need to worry about. Billionaires calling senators, said senators calling the judge are what you need to worry about. That's what will happen. The judge will be told how to rule.

Exactly!

You can bet there is a bill already written up and sitting in someone's desk at the statehouse if the ruling doesn't go their way.

jmez

WKR
They won't risk trying to pass a bill. They will simply tell the judge no. People live in a dream world if they don't think that is how our country functions.

We live by the Golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules.

I don't think that the folks who want corner crossing would like the outcome if this went to SCOTUS. Law has consistently held that property owners own the air space above the land that they own. How high up they own it is somewhat subjective, but it is always a substantial distance above any structures in the area.

This ownership of the air space would preclude trespass and construction in that airspace.

This clearly falls within the boundaries of eminent domain though. The state government should take the land under eminent domain and compensate the land owners for the value of the few square feet that they take.

Afhunter1

WKR
What I think is gonna happen if there is an unfavorable ruling in the landowners favor then they are gonna petition the Fed for land swaps and swap blocks so there is no more checkerboard. They will swap parcel to connect “their property.” Probably land lock the swapped BLM parcels.

Flyjunky

WKR
What I think is gonna happen if there is an unfavorable ruling in the landowners favor then they are gonna petition the Fed for land swaps and swap blocks so there is no more checkerboard. They will swap parcel to connect “their property.” Probably land lock the swapped BLM parcels.
Any public property that is not accessible by the public should then not be paid for by said public.