Wyoming Corner Crossing defense fund

Huntin_GI

WKR
Not sure if we are allowed but I did submit comments. For the section that asked for my representative and senator, I just added names of the sponsors. Comments can't exceed 140 characters but it feels worth while. Attached is the link to comment on the proposed changes which add langue which is pasted below. The bolded text is the new/amended sections. **** these sponsors.

(b) No person shall enter upon or travel through the private property of any person to hunt, fish, collect antlers or horns, or trap without the permission of the owner or person in charge of the property. Violation of this subsection constitutes a low misdemeanor punishable as provided in W.S. 23‑6‑202(a)(v) 23‑6‑202(a)(xii).

23‑6‑202. Fines and sentences.

(a) Any person who has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to any offense under this act may be fined, sentenced to the county jail, or both, as follows:

(xii) Up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) to which may be added imprisonment up to six (6) months and forfeiture of any game, antlers or horns taken in violation of W.S. 23‑3‑305(b).

Fordguy

WKR
Sounds like it's time for a suit against the state for prohibiting access to federal public land. Resistance to corner crossing is not about trespass, it's about greed and control of a resource that belongs to the public, the entire national public.

That said, it doesn't surprise me that some twits are trying to push this through.

Marble

WKR
They will then just have fight over what the term "travel through " means.

It's subject to interpretation..just like the word "entered"

I hope commom sense prevails. The part that was compelling to me was that the corner is equally owned by the land owner and the government.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

z987k

WKR
Is there anything against using rotor craft for transportation to hunt in Wyoming? Helicopters are really expensive, but a tiny quad copter that can lift a human for 5-10 seconds isn't.

I don't know how US v. Causby doesn't apply in corner crossing to begin with, but it sure as hell does at 5ft above the corner.

The WKR EVTOL backpack...
Is there anything against using rotor craft for transportation to hunt in Wyoming? Helicopters are really expensive, but a tiny quad copter that can lift a human for 5-10 seconds isn't.

I don't know how US v. Causby doesn't apply in corner crossing to begin with, but it sure as hell does at 5ft above the corner.
I don’t know the Wyoming rules on aircraft, but they are specifically called out in Idaho. The new Wyoming trespass rule sounds a lot like the one passed in Idaho a few years ago.

Fordguy

WKR
"Federal law prohibits any person or group of persons from preventing Mr. Yeomans, his friends, or others from freely passing through public lands,” the motion for dismissal states. “Consequently, private landowners cannot prevent or obstruct free passage from one section of public land to another by claiming that the common corner where two private sections of land and two public sections of land meet is their exclusive property, land, or premises."
From the lawyer representing the men charged with corner crossing.
If it went before an unbiased federal court my guess is that we'd see positive results.

BuzzH

WKR
Probably not the last bill to come out this session that's directly tied to this issue.

Looks like this will give the WGFD the ability cite for trespassing for corner crossing.

No it wont and the bill sponsors made it clear that its about vehicle traffic across private, not corner crossing.

Last edited:
So BHA makes a big PR stunt for these 4 guys and they will get the charges dropped and then corner crossing is outlawed with new legislation, instead of the grey area it was currently and BHA lost an auction tag so now they will fund raise even less. Perfect, great work fellas....smh
Que the yackety sax music....

No it wont and the bill sponsors made it clear that its about vehicle traffic across private, not corner crossing.
It better get amended if that's truly their intent then. The word through is far to ambiguous in my opinion. This could even create grey area for floating on rivers through private land to fish or access hunting areas.

BuzzH

WKR
So BHA makes a big PR stunt for these 4 guys and they will get the charges dropped and then corner crossing is outlawed with new legislation, instead of the grey area it was currently and BHA lost an auction tag so now they will fund raise even less. Perfect, great work fellas....smh
Que the yackety sax music....
Always one in every group...and you're wrong.

You aren't involved in this...cheap seats in the rafters, best case.

Same type of guy that shows up in a dime-store cowboy hat, sits in the stands at the rodeo critiquing rough-stock riders...

BuzzH

WKR
It better get amended if that's truly their intent then. The word through is far to ambiguous in my opinion. This could even create grey area for floating on rivers through private land to fish or access hunting areas.

Ambiguous words change nothing in regard to title 23...nor does it change the AG opinion regarding same.

Ambiguous words change nothing in regard to title 23...nor does it change the AG opinion regarding same.
What does this even do then when considering the old AG opinion? Apparently according to that a person needs to intend to hunt on that land to violate the Chap 23 trespassing statute. Hope you guys are in Cheyenne lobbying for this and other stuff!

Always one in every group...and you're wrong.

You aren't involved in this...cheap seats in the rafters, best case.

Same type of guy that shows up in a dime-store cowboy hat, sits in the stands at the rodeo critiquing rough-stock riders...
Just going off whats in the press. If I am incorrect instead of name calling please correct me with accurate information on the situation.

BuzzH

WKR
Just going off whats in the press. If I am incorrect instead of name calling please correct me with accurate information on the situation.
Enough with playing a victim, you aren't one. You don't punch people in the face to start a conversation.

Ask legitimate questions, you might get some answers.

Enough with playing a victim, you aren't one. You don't punch people in the face to start a conversation.

Ask legitimate questions, you might get some answers.
I would if I though you would provide honest answers.
Besides we all know this time of year you are way too busy lobbying to get the law changed and NR tag allocation cut to 10% than to deal with access issues.
By the last proposal I saw I see you have cozied up with the outfitters this year..reduce NR tag allocation to 10% and half those have to got to have an outfitter. Well played more outfitter welfare and it will probably pass.

WKR
@BuzzH is there any indication of the most likely outcome of this case?

What would be the best realistic outcome for those of us who are "pro" corner crossing in the future?

Thanks