2024 Toyota Tacoma......finally someone is taking note

Finally, we have an automaker starting to realize the importance of the aftermarket industry and what they have to offer and then implementing it into their builds. Sure, we have seen this becoming more and more prevalent throughout the years but to me at least, it seems Toyota has really taken a step forward.

Many ARB addons straight from Toyota
Old Man Emu suspension offerings
Continued Fox Suspension offerings

And then, taking what we as customers like and do. and making those factory options as well (to name a few I recall seeing):

Accessory switch panel
Added light bars and fog lights.

It's nice to see all of the "from factory" accessories. Sure, these will all increase margins, yield a higher total price that will typically mean a buyer will end up financing more....... therefore, more money on the backend if financed through Toyota. But I don't mind it because it typically will fall under the manufacturer's warranty, is already installed and I don't have to do it myself or wait months for a shop to do it.

I do like the changes on the 2024. It's not perfect, but it's better than I expected on paper or from a release video. I would prefer a front locker, better location for a phone charging pad and a little more power. Can't wait to see this in a head-to-head with the Colorado and the Ranger. More importantly I can't wait to see these changes carried over to the 4 Runner and what else Toyota will have up its sleeve for it.

OP
Theringworm
I think ford has only been doing this for at least 3.5 decades with their Eddie Bauer broncos.
🤔 uh, yea………… how you can draw a comparison between Eddie Bauer‘s green/tan interior aesthetics to an actual after market mod that provides performance enhancement/improvements is beyond me. I guess maybe they make your backside more comfortable. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Simply stating that the amount of ARB accessories that Toyota has integrated into their “from factory” builds in addition to now even a second reputable suspension offering in OME (in addition to FOX) is pleasant to see. It’s not for everyone but the integration and offerings are welcomed in my opinion. Toyota knows they have a huge market in the off-roading/overlanding community with this vehicle and they are making it even more appealing to them by tailoring certain vehicle trims to them. To me it says they are at least taking notice of what their customers want and/or use.

I doubt anyone ever said….“man, I wish i had an Eddie Bauer interior”😜

Not a huge Toyota fan but my neighbor works in the dept that decides what aftermarket accessories they offer, and I agree it's pretty cool. He made a good point, if you get all these accessories from them, then it doesn't void any of your warranty. Meanwhile I probably voided mine real quick in several ways on my f150 after getting it

Iam sure putting "aftermarket" parts on at the time of building the vehicle makes it easier intall . Also under warranty . Some guys will pull some aftermarket parts if selling , if doing so nice to gave oem stuff around if was done after vehicle was built

ODB

WKR
Toyota has always been slow to be innovative, very conservative.

GM tends to be very open to taking risks.

I actually don’t see an issue with slow but steady progression. I never understood the “gotta have an all new product just because the year-flipped” mentality. I mean I fully understand it from a marketing perspective, but pragmatism has its benefits.