2024 Toyota Tacoma......finally someone is taking note

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
Checked out the Tacoma 2024 model a week ago at the local dealer. The rear seats are not usable for an adult (I am 6' tall). My head was hitting the top of the cab and knees were lodged in the back of the front seat (which I had adjusted to a comfy driving position). I don't recall the 2023 being that cramped. I am afraid the 2024 Tacoma just fell off my wish list. I was SO optimistic................

axeforce6

WKR
Checked out the Tacoma 2024 model a week ago at the local dealer. The rear seats are not usable for an adult (I am 6' tall). My head was hitting the top of the cab and knees were lodged in the back of the front seat (which I had adjusted to a comfy driving position). I don't recall the 2023 being that cramped. I am afraid the 2024 Tacoma just fell off my wish list. I was SO optimistic................
There isn't a 2024 on the ground. The first allocation for them are a week away.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
There isn't a 2024 on the ground. The first allocation for them are a week away.
I sat in a 2024 "Terra" (burnt orange TRD) at Columbia (MO) Toyota last week...............So your source is incorrect. Also saw one on the street the day before.

axeforce6

WKR

I sat in a 2024 "Terra" (burnt orange TRD) at Columbia (MO) Toyota last week...............So your source is incorrect. Also saw one on the street the day before.
I’d love to see the picture you took of it.

Yoder

WKR
Maybe they could listen to customers and make a Tacoma that doesn't cost $40k.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Maybe they could listen to customers and make a Tacoma that doesn't cost $40k.
I don't know about the 2024, but for 2023 and prior, they did make many models for less than $40k, but everyone wants all the bells and whistles.

CorbLand

WKR
I don't know about the 2024, but for 2023 and prior, they did make many models for less than $40k, but everyone wants all the bells and whistles.
Base model SRs are about 37000.00 for 2023 Tacomas. The sad part is used 2018-2022 ranging from 30-80000 miles are going for about 33-34000. You might as well buy new.

Toyota is offering some decent financing options for 2023s right now. 3.99% versus ~7% from most banks/credit unions. If you are financing one, buying new would almost save you money over the long run.

Last edited:

IdahoBeav

WKR
Base model SRs are about 37000.00 for 2023 Tacomas. The sad part is used 2018-2022 ranging from 30-80000 miles are going for about 33-34000. You might as well buy new.

Toyota is offering some decent financing options for 2023s right now. 3.99% versus ~7% from most banks/credit unions. If you are financing one, buying new would save you money over the long run.
That's for 4-door, and it's the website prices. There are better deals to be had depending on dealer inventory and willingness to travel.

The base models aren't the ones they park out front. You have to search for them and there is more opportunity to haggle.

But yes, with Toyota, buying new makes much more sense.

CorbLand

WKR
That's for 4-door, and it's the website prices. There are better deals to be had depending on dealer inventory and willingness to travel.

The base models aren't the ones they park out front. You have to search for them and there is more opportunity to haggle.

But yes, with Toyota, buying new makes much more sense.
Well I am in the market for a V6, 4X4, Long bed, 4 door. If anyone knows of one within couple hundred miles of Cache Valley, Utah. Please send it my way because finding one around here is pretty difficult.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Well I am in the market for a V6, 4X4, Long bed, 4 door. If anyone knows of one within couple hundred miles of Cache Valley, Utah. Please send it my way because finding one around here is pretty difficult.
If you'll do 300 miles, it looks like Edmark in Nampa has a bunch of them for as low as $40k.

CorbLand

WKR
If you'll do 300 miles, it looks like Edmark in Nampa has a bunch of them for as low as $40k.
I will give them a call.

Do they actually have them or are they in transit? Most places post them if they are in transit, but who knows when they will get there and some of them that are posted as in transit are already sold, unless the person backs out when it gets there.

I went to the dealership here because it said they had some in stock. They have 13 coming in, 7 are sold and the ones that arent sold are 2 door and/or 2X4.

IdahoBeav

WKR
I will give them a call.

Do they actually have them or are they in transit? Most places post them if they are in transit, but who knows when they will get there and some of them that are posted as in transit are already sold, unless the person backs out when it gets there.

I went to the dealership here because it said they had some in stock. They have 13 coming in, 7 are sold and the ones that arent sold are 2 door and/or 2X4.
Not sure, I just did a quick check online, but on these listing pages, they are showing real photos of the vehicles on a lot. Many other listings are instead showing Toyota renderings.

TaperPin

WKR
I looked at last years 4 door Tacoma and that back seat was too small for normal humans - I didn’t have faith this years model would be any better so I bought a 4 Runner 6 months ago. I don’t find the 4 Runner usable as a small pickup substitute without one of the 8’ long roof racks. I would think an extra 6” could be added to both the pickup and 4 Runner cabs.

tony

WKR
These Tacoma's will be selling over sticker.
People are still that stupid.
I've got another year on the Ranger, hope the bugs will be worked out in a year. the new Colorado's look pretty good as well.

CorbLand

WKR
These Tacoma's will be selling over sticker.
People are still that stupid.
I've got another year on the Ranger, hope the bugs will be worked out in a year. the new Colorado's look pretty good as well.
People are unsure about 4 cylinder twin turbo so they are trying to get the last year of the V6.

I need to look into the rangers more.

Did Chevy get the transmission issue with the Colorado figured out?

Last edited:
People are unsure about 4 cylinder twin turbo so they are trying to get the last year of the V6.

You can count me in on that 4 cylinder turbo. Wanted to buy a new Tacoma but didn’t want to be a Guinea pig, so I ended up buying one a year earlier than I wanted.

tony

WKR

I’ve got a 2021 ford ranger. Short of a wiring issue the dealer finally worked, it’s been a pretty good little truck. 24-25 mpg on average.
There are some transmission issues but, mine has been fine.
2024 is the release of the new Ranger version. There will be a raptor Ranger.
No tremor for 2024 which is what I have. Honestly this about the perfect package for a backwoods truck. It will do more than I and most people need.

Transmissions? I am no mechanic but, continuing to stuff more gears in one can’t be a good thing.
Just bring back a manual across the board and let people choose.
The jeeps, broncos, and Tacoma's are about it in new vehicles for a manual.
I really like the look of the new Colorado's. But I’m holding out on the new Tacoma with a 6 speed TRD off road package

Attachments

• IMG_7041.jpeg
    IMG_7041.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 24

Holski

FNG

Interesting read on the new Tacoma's. I'm still debating waiting for the 2024 or buying a 2023 in the next month. Doubt Toyota will discount for the end of the year but you can hope right?