Calling people names

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Abbreviations count against you also? DB and FT?
can you private message me what FT stands for? I think I got DB, but not settled on the FT, thanks. Again purely joking and sorry admins have to deal with it. I am actually kind of soured on several of the threads I have read recently. I think there are more threads that are great than those that are bad, but they don't stick with you quite the same.

Drenalin

WKR
can you private message me what FT stands for? I think I got DB, but not settled on the FT, thanks. Again purely joking and sorry admins have to deal with it. I am actually kind of soured on several of the threads I have read recently. I think there are more threads that are great than those that are bad, but they don't stick with you quite the same.
Oh, it's bad. FT is a real bad one...

It was the conversion of Ryan to the skinny jean crowd, I mean skinny bullet crowd the brought the advent of the 6.8 Western. Great article you guys did for sure.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby, have you ever been in the military, law enforcement or construction? lol

No. But I noticed when there’s a big group of guys on a forum they’ll call each other names, but when I go to the local archery shoot, or Fish and Game meeting, or anywhere hunters gather, pretty no one‘s calling anyone names to their faces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. But I noticed when there’s a big group of guys on a forum they’ll call each other names, but when I go to the local archery shoot, or Fish and Game meeting, or anywhere hunters gather, pretty no one‘s calling anyone names to their faces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name calling is part of the brotherhood in certain professions. Don't get me wrong, I like that this forum keeps it clean! I just wanted to let you know that groups of guys can do some serious name calling and it be perfectly normal and non-malicious.

Assuming DB=Dirt Bag, it is somewhat of a term of endearment in the climbing community. Basically a DB is someone who lives to climb and devotes all his energy/time to climbing. I'm still have no idea what FT means though.