Can I send a gun and scope somewhere to get it sighted in and get reloads for it?

eric1115

WKR
I'll jump on the pile too. I 100% promise, zeroing the rifle with good factory ammo will take less time than getting it boxed, packed, dropped off, and picked up for shipping.

I'm also confident that good factory ammo will shoot well enough to be not the limiting factor in the scenario you describe.

OP
M
Wow.. I’ll work on my wording next time so as not to offend so many people. I never knew I could make so many grown men cry.. but seriously thanks for the info guys.

fwafwow

WKR
Wow.. I’ll work on my wording next time so as not to offend so many people. I never knew I could make so many grown men cry.. but seriously thanks for the info guys.
Excellent! Doubling down. My tears were of appreciation and gratitude when I thought/hoped you were messing with us.

Not sure that I can help with the original question. But I’ve got a good friend who purchased a custom rifle with hand loaded rounds and a scope that was sighted in for him before delivery. So it does happen.

WoodBow

WKR
I will second the hornady precision ammo. I hand load and I haven't even bothered to build loads for my 6.5 prc because it came with several boxes of that and they shoot so dang good. I'm talking 1/2 moa.

Someone on here, who is local to you, would probably be happy to spend an hour with you to help you mount the scope and sight it in.

If you have a buddy local to you that handloads probably your best bet. I've developed and loaded rounds for a couple of friends, including mounting scopes etc.

Hey Muleyhunter101 @Unknown Munitions is the way to go if you don't have the desire or time to do it yourself. There is nothing wrong with that plan. I just recommended them to my brother-in-law last month and he is stoked with the results. He is getting a 2" group at 500 yards and just needs to pick up the phone when he needs more custom ammo specific to that rifle. I have met the crew and taken classes from them. It is costly but they will check your firearm, mount the scope, take measurements of your chamber and load specifically based off of those measurements. Once they have done all that it will go to the range several times as they get it dialed in. It is not a simple process they get done in an afternoon.

Additionally you will have precise measurements of velocity and environmental when they are done. Put that info into any basic ballistics calculator when you get to where you are going with your current conditions, take a screen shot of the chart and make it your home screen. Range, wake up the phone, read the chart that instantly pops up, dial and shoot. Obviously practice is king but you get the basic idea.

As mentioned Precision hunter is pretty good stuff for factory. My 6.5 Creedmoor loved the stuff but the best I could do out of my 7mm PRC was 2.2" for a 20 shot string. I talked to the guys at unknown, loaded my own with the supplies and knowledge from them and now my large string groups are fantastic. If you are in Northern Nevada I am happy to help also. Good luck!

Last edited:

Harvey_NW

WKR
I will second the hornady precision ammo. I hand load and I haven't even bothered to build loads for my 6.5 prc because it came with several boxes of that and they shoot so dang good. I'm talking 1/2 moa.
I'd start with only 1 box, I've had 2 different 7RM's that wouldn't shoot a 3 shot group under about 3" with Hornady Precision Hunter. On the other hand I've had almost every rifle I've ever owned stack the cheap Winchester power points, I still use them as an acid check.

Well, when you say you have a very capable long range rifle that you haven't shot and proven, topped with one of the most notoriously unreliable scopes in the industry, and you're not willing to load for it let alone even buy factory ammo and test and zero it, but plan to hunt long range. You asked for it.

Shraggs

WKR
If not Jake at UM, Paul at North American ammunition can to the same complete service.

But still verify your zero

srdeleon

FNG
Unknown munitions does it but I believe only for custom rifles, nothing off the shelf

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk